Prospect Info: David Reinbacher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
How reliable is Scott Wheeler? This is what he has to say on Reinbacher as a prospect vs this year’s crop:

>>I'm higher on all five of Levshunov, Buium, Parekh, Dickinson and Silayev. Reinbacher would be closer to where I have Yakemchuk.

He's not reliable at all. Not anymore than the average poster on the draft thread or boards.

For example, he had Moritz Seider 35th, which was a completely ridiculous ranking even without hindsight.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
There's a lot of politics on KHL teams apparently. So I'm not sure why he didn't "make" the team and/or why he was loaned out.
I agree there can be a lot of politics involved or can we call this corruption among khl teams. However, MM played with the most sh**tty team, not playing 200 feet, didn't play any group play because he was stucked with the worst players. Not the perfect developpment team for him. Do some offence for yourself and wait the year is finished. He probably was bored.

With SKA, he would had the best teamates and challenge.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I agree there can be a lot of politics involved or can we call this corruption among khl teams. However, MM played with the most sh**tty team, not playing 200 feet, didn't play any group play because he was stucked with the worst players. Not the perfect developpment team for him. Do some offence for yourself and wait the year is finished. He probably was bored.

With SKA, he would had the best teamates and challenge.
Reinbacher played in the KHL?

I am so sick of hearing about Matvei Michkov especially on a Habs board. He is a Flyers prospect in case some of you were not aware.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I am so sick of hearing about Matvei Michkov especially on a Habs board. He is a Flyers prospect in case some of you were not aware.
There aren't too many lamenting drafting Reinbacher now. At least the Michkov versus Reinbacher talk is more speculative, exploratory, and doesn't have much negative emotion behind it. It's just talk to pass the time until the draft with no significance at this point.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
There aren't too many lamenting drafting Reinbacher now. At least the Michkov versus Reinbacher talk is more speculative, exploratory, and doesn't have much negative emotion behind it. It's just talk to pass the time until the draft with no significance at this point.

That's just because we are all still so pissed about taking Slaf ahead of Wright!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I would suggest that you take your Michkov conversation to the out of town thread. Michkov is a Flyers prospect.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would suggest that you take your Michkov conversation to the out of town thread. Michkov is a Flyers prospect.
The out of town thread or the management thread for a discussion of Michkov vs. Reinbacher as the pick with that extremely important pick.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
No worries. I will just not click on the Reinbacher thread. Thanks
There was a discussion going on and I made a couple of additions to the discussion.

Yes, I will not, for my part, participate in Michkov Reinbacher comparisons in the Reinbacher thread.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
There was a discussion going on and I made a couple of additions to the discussion.

Yes, I will not, for my part, participate in Michkov Reinbacher comparisons in the Reinbacher thread.
No worries
I can simply exclude myself from the thread. Seriously...carry on.
All good sir

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Yeah let's end talking about him. I liked Reinbacher from the first videos I saw from him. Great potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tyson

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Here to find out who wants to go fishing with @Habs.

I’m expecting his brother from another mother, @OldCraig71, to make his case.

Oh, almost forgot — viva Reinbacher! :sarcasm:
1716683487230.gif

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
The hate Reinbacher gets for being pick when Michkov was available is unreal. Imagine we drafted at 6 instead and Michkov was gone at 5. Everyone would say Reinbacher is one of the cornerstones of that rebuild
I’m not finding that here to be honest. I’m seeing discussion of his play and talk about who we are not allowed to talk in this dedicated DR thread, but overall I don’t feel hate is around these parts.

Anyway we slice it, RD will be an NHL d, just a matter of his impact to determine now. Laval will do wonders for him, I have no doubt. The dev part seems good if we go by the impact of the called up have right away as they join the NHL roster.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The hate Reinbacher gets for being pick when Michkov was available is unreal. Imagine we drafted at 6 instead and Michkov was gone at 5. Everyone would say Reinbacher is one of the cornerstones of that rebuild

If people have watched a ton of michkov and reinbacher (not just highlights), and come to the conclusion that michkov was a no brainer, that's fair ball.

What I don't like is if someone pushes that belief further as a vehicle to discredit reinbacher in order to validate their own opinion.

At the end of the day, we all want the Habs to do well except sometimes it feels like we lose the plot when we pit two players against one another for personal validation to be able to say " I'm right and you're wrong"

If Mickov turns out to be a higher impact player, oh well. I just hope reinbacher turns out to be really effective for montreal too and becomes a valuable peice to the cup puzzle. That is what we want, right?

Last edited:
Reactions: ReHabs

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
If people have watched a ton of michkov and reinbacher (not just highlights), and come to the conclusion that michkov was a no brainer, that's fair ball.

What I don't like is if someone pushes that belief further as a vehicle to discredit reinbacher in order to validate their own opinion.

At the end of the day, we all want the Habs to do well except sometimes it feels like we lose the plot when we pit two players against one another for personal validation to be able to say " I'm right and you're wrong"

If Mickov turns out to be a higher impact player, oh well. I just hope reinbacher turns out to be really effective for montreal too and becomes a valuable peice to the cup puzzle. That it what we want, right?
In the end, if it happens, KH deserves criticism. But Reinbacher ?

Reactions: SannywithoutCompy

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

I'm not seeing the hate, just the debate as to if it was the right pick. As you say if we picked 6 and Michkov went 5 there'd be no discussion to be had.

Most of us like David, see the fit and need. We all want to see him succeed.

Reinbacher is a fine prospect.

It's all about people's (fans) perception to who was the BPA, nothing more. It's not about dumping on David.

Last edited:

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal

do you think it would work to put an "official Mitchkov's tread" and put a link just named " we will regret Mitchkov" as the first message, link that in reality will bring the interested fans to the Mitchkov's thread in the Flyers board. Maybe the won't realize that the love isn't from here ?

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal

That’s like saying I am sick and tired of hearing about Sergachev when Drouin was a Habs.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
The McKeen’s 2024 Prospect Report was just released, and Reinbacher was ranked the 17th best prospect in hockey. Our boy Ryan Leonard is 6th..

The Habs list:

1. Reinbacher (17)
2. Hutson (27)
3. Roy (35)
4. Mailloux (45)
5. Fowler (52)
6. Beck (110)
7. Farrell (118)
8. Dobes (125)
9. Kapanen (126)
10. Konyushkov (170)
11. Mesar (173)