Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I`m not forgetting it myself however something tells me that this is his agent`s strong hand over Pasta. The impression I have always gotten is he wants to and loves to play, yes, he wants to get paid but this is a kid, if Pasta was a mature veteran I would lean more on the side that the player has instructed his agent to remain firm, my opinion is this is a kid who`s agent has told him they ain`t budging from a particular number and the player has allowed him to remain firm.

I can see that yes he is young and this is only his second NHL deal. But he may have to take the bull by the horns and say "Hey JP get it done I want to play this season and to do that I need to be in camp NOW."

I don't think I've ever seen a player who has held out until camp is done go on to have a good season once he's finally gotten his deal. He's too far behind his teammates in conditioning & timing to catch up so that first year of the deal is pretty much wasted.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
great AAV.I still think holdup was bonus $$$$$$$$$

must have been, there`s so much more to this stuff than I`ll ever understand. Any way we cut it, Pasta will be at camp, will he be there in time for tomorrow?

This is the kind of deal that allows a team flexibility, I was worried Sweeney would eventually buckle and pay the kid far too much

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
I hope so

8/56 should be a bargain based on where Pastrnak projects (my concern is not with his skills or character but moreso with his injury potential playing that style but that's just opinion)

Completely agree with the bolded.
Pasta got smashed and more often it was more on the nasty side.
Definitely needs to learn how to avoid some of that, or at least "take it better"

Im sad they didnt trade them. Now how are we supposed to spew hatred towards the GM?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
If only his name was Postman.

:laugh:

in all honesty, I don`t watch enough Jets games to know what he`s capable of doing. I know on the Postma thread here, some Jets fans piped in and said he`s a solid D-man who`s progress was kind of being held back with the lack of spots on the Jets blueline.

Might be a solid dude to have around to step in when injuries occur and not be overly concerned about him being a weak link? I dunno

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If these numbers end up being accurate, I don't understand what the hold up was. I also don't get where all the nonsense that Barry and Pasta were being unreasonable came from? $6.66 is a very reasonable number and nowhere close to the 8.5 we kept hearing Pasta's camp was insisting on. I wish they had locked him up for 8 years, but I get why he and Barry probably wanted it shorter. At least it's not a 2 year bridge deal.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Wish the term was more... But 6 is better than 1-5!

ABOUT TIME!!!

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
That's a real good number

Barry and Sweeney did well

Want to see bonus money and NMC etc

Hopefully these two kids have learned a bit about each other and future dealings will go well - I would imagine they will

Nothing like a good compromise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad