Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fierce1

Nov 13, 2006
Nova Scotia
Unless one side is caving in and I think it's still too soon to give up on a stance you've been holding on to all summer, I wouldn't be surprised to see a sign and trade scenario. Maybe Sweeney has been shopping Pasta around.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I don't think the optics look any better for Boston either. They are a team building towards something and focused on youth, yet they're allowing their best young offensive talent to miss camp because they can't come to agreement with him.

Obviously we don't know the "why's" of why they haven't come to terms yet, but I think it looks terrible for both sides.

I`d like to hear exactly what JP Berry is insisting on as a deal. I know his job is to secure his clients the most money possible but I always have a few question marks when an agent allows their clients to sit out or miss parts of camp or the early part of the season. Well documented how this immediately puts that player behind the 8 ball as far as getting into the swing of things.

Other than reading what some journalists think the ask is from Berry it`s all speculation, I believe, and again with absolute no proof of this, that Berry`s ask is almost identical to what Chia paid Drai, and if I`m the B`s, no bloody way do I do that. He`s good, he`s very good, Drai isn`t worth his contract and Pasta isn`t worth it either IMO. I don`t want to see Sweeney pay Pasta a deal north of 8 mill.

More often than not, I tend to lean on the side of the player but something tells me, with the history Berry has with the B`s (Eriksson and Hamilton) he`s not budging an inch and if that`s the case, nobody wins IMO and in this particular case, my belief is the B`s are willing to pay Pasta handsomely, just not willing to open the vault to him and I`m ok with that, sucks as a fan if he`s not on the ice but...

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't think so. From whats come out over the past two days, it sounds like they are in the same ballpark now. I'm betting its bonuses and lockout protection that they are navigating now.

I hope so

8/56 should be a bargain based on where Pastrnak projects (my concern is not with his skills or character but moreso with his injury potential playing that style but that's just opinion)

I think its crazy to pay a guy for not playing

maybe I'm completely wrong with this but it looks like if there is a lockout and no hockey revenue the Oilers still have to write over $20 M in bonus money for McDavid, Lucic, and Draisaitl. Where do they actually get this money if no revenues?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I hope so

8/56 should be a bargain based on where Pastrnak projects (my concern is not with his skills or character but moreso with his injury potential playing that style but that's just opinion)

maybe I'm completely wrong with this but it looks like if there is a lockout and no hockey revenue the Oilers still have to write over $20 M in bonus money for McDavid, Lucic, and Draisaitl. Where do they actually get this money if no revenues?

http://www.katzgroup.ca/

Mr Deep Pockets;)

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...ame_on_david_pastrnak_if_he_spurns_bruins_now

If David Pastrnak is serious about playing this season in the KHL, shame on him.

Speculation has surfaced in recent days that the Bruins’ restricted free agent, unsigned and seemingly far apart from management on a new contract with training camp opening today, may ditch the team and go play in the Kontinental Hockey League in Eastern Europe and Asia.

I believe this is nothing more than a combination of brinkmanship and guesswork.

If Pasta is seriously thinking about the KHL then I worry not about his Hockey IQ but just his IQ in general.

Kid is going to be a star in the NHL and make multi-millions in a League that is pretty damn kushy for well paid stars. KHL would be a foolish move on so many levels it's not even worth listing them.

I call massive bull-crap or just out and out extraordinary stupidity -- and given that I don't think Pasta is stupid, then I revert to massive bull-crap.:laugh:

vjcsmoke

Jun 29, 2011
Backes was a UFA

Come on elevate your game you're better than this post

Backes was also old as dirt (32) and we still gave him a 5 year deal? We pay a guy into his age 37 season 6m a year...

And you're saying 7m a year for a guy with Pasta's youth and room to improve for his age 21-29 seasons is a worse investment?

Come on man. Anybody thinking with their brains rather than their hearts can see, you'd rather pay the backend of Pasta's age 29 season than Backes age 37 season!

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I`d like to hear exactly what JP Berry is insisting on as a deal. I know his job is to secure his clients the most money possible but I always have a few question marks when an agent allows their clients to sit out or miss parts of camp or the early part of the season. Well documented how this immediately puts that player behind the 8 ball as far as getting into the swing of things.

Other than reading what some journalists think the ask is from Berry it`s all speculation, I believe, and again with absolute no proof of this, that Berry`s ask is almost identical to what Chia paid Drai, and if I`m the B`s, no bloody way do I do that. He`s good, he`s very good, Drai isn`t worth his contract and Pasta isn`t worth it either IMO. I don`t want to see Sweeney pay Pasta a deal north of 8 mill.

More often than not, I tend to lean on the side of the player but something tells me, with the history Berry has with the B`s (Eriksson and Hamilton) he`s not budging an inch and if that`s the case, nobody wins IMO and in this particular case, my belief is the B`s are willing to pay Pasta handsomely, just not willing to open the vault to him and I`m ok with that, sucks as a fan if he`s not on the ice but...

I think a lot of us are forgetting that David Pastrnak has something to say about all of this- he may very well be the one telling his agent x dollars for x number of years or I'm not signing. It is easy to make the agent the bad guy because so many of them are but they work for the players & not the other way around. There is nothing preventing Pasta from telling his agent to cut the BS and get it done now so he can report to camp.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I think a lot of us are forgetting that David Pastrnak has something to say about all of this- he may very well be the one telling his agent x dollars for x number of years or I'm not signing. It is easy to make the agent the bad guy because so many of them are but they work for the players & not the other way around. There is nothing preventing Pasta from telling his agent to cut the BS and get it done now so he can report to camp.

I`m not forgetting it myself however something tells me that this is his agent`s strong hand over Pasta. The impression I have always gotten is he wants to and loves to play, yes, he wants to get paid but this is a kid, if Pasta was a mature veteran I would lean more on the side that the player has instructed his agent to remain firm, my opinion is this is a kid who`s agent has told him they ain`t budging from a particular number and the player has allowed him to remain firm.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I believe this is nothing more than a combination of brinkmanship and guesswork.

If Pasta is seriously thinking about the KHL then I worry not about his Hockey IQ but just his IQ in general.

Kid is going to be a star in the NHL and make multi-millions in a League that is pretty damn kushy for well paid stars. KHL would be a foolish move on so many levels it's not even worth listing them.

I call massive bull-crap or just out and out extraordinary stupidity -- and given that I don't think Pasta is stupid, then I revert to massive bull-crap.:laugh:

Barry may be an ass to us but he's doing his job. Having Pastrnak stay in Europe is a wise choice.

It's a game of cat and mouse now

If the bonus money is that important to Barry the a 3 year deal is only solution

Jeremy Jacobs paying guaranteed lockout money would be a shocker and Barry knows this.

If bonus money isn't an issue I expect long term deal

If it's a deal breaker either side they will go short

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I hope so

Sales from their 2020 Stanley Cup Championship Blu-ray. ;)

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
I would've have loved more term but WOW that's a great price. Well done Sweeney.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
It's not Term that's the problem

Barry is hunting Bear plain and simple

I think that's very true. However, at the end of the day it's not the agent it's the player. Pasta is going to have to ultimately decide what he wants to do.

If he decides to hold out for a little while..... there could be worse things. Got to look out for yourself and you only get so many of these kinds of opportunities in life to do that.

On the other hand, if he decides to go to KHL??? :laugh::laugh::laugh: Then he's an unbelievably talented hockey player who is going to be seriously undermined by the fact that he's a frigging dim bulb.......

For the record, again, I don't think he is. KHL is BS.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sales from their 2020 Stanley Cup Championship Blu-ray. ;)

Oh for real

I keep dreaming it like Bran in GOT seeing the raven

My dream always has Bergeron in white jersey holding the Cup and Pastrnak Conn Smythe MVP of playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad