Player Discussion David Pastrnak X

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
The very fact they (the Bruins) are even considering a 5-year deal is troubling.

Does anyone have any faith that a 26-year old UFA Pastrnak won't bolt for greener pastures?

I would of hoped at least by now the Bruins and Barry could of at least found common ground on the term.

Barry wants 8, and if they are smart so should the Bruins. There is zero, zero, zero reason to hand out a 8-year deal to Brad Marchand to play until he's 37, but to balk at a 8-year term to keep Pastrnak until he's 29. That's some real &^%%$ backwards thinking on the part of Bruins management if that is the case.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
My guess is bridge, same thing that happened with Krug

Yes seems logical

The bonus money is a non starter for Jacobs AND if I owned the team would be as well

This is why Peter Chiarelli got fired

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
The very fact they (the Bruins) are even considering a 5-year deal is troubling.

Does anyone have any faith that a 26-year old UFA Pastrnak won't bolt for greener pastures?

I would of hoped at least by now the Bruins and Barry could of at least found common ground on the term.

Barry wants 8, and if they are smart so should the Bruins. There is zero, zero, zero reason to hand out a 8-year deal to Brad Marchand to play until he's 37, but to balk at a 8-year term to keep Pastrnak until he's 29. That's some real &^%%$ backwards thinking on the part of Bruins management if that is the case.

It's not Term that's the problem

Barry is hunting Bear plain and simple

member 96824

My guess is bridge, same thing that happened with Krug

God that would be such a Bruins move

Pay him less while while management does all of their retooling and the Bruins don't look cup competitive and have him expire juuuust when the "plan" comes together.(if it does)

Doesn't make sense to me.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Pay him less while while management does all of their retooling and the Bruins don't look cup competitive and have him expire juuuust when the "plan" comes together.(if it does)

I don`t think nor believe this is what the B`s want, Neely, Jacobs and I believe DS himself have all said their desire was to lock him up for a long term deal.

I also don`t think that the B`s just opening their wallets and have Pasta put his $$ figure on the cheque is what should be done here.

I haven`t been overly optimistic at how the B`s have developed their young prospects or handled them but I believe they handled the Krug negotiations a few years ago wisely, bridging him then paying him and I don`t see the B`s being a team in recent years who haven`t been willing to compensate their players fairly

They paid Seguin handsomely before sending him off to Dallas, offered Dougie reportedly a deal worth more than he signed on for in Calgary. The other one was Kessel who I think was just not a great fit in either the locker room nor with his teammates at that time but the B`s recently, IMO, haven`t tried to rip off young players.

I dunno, I`m a big fan of Pasta, but I`m also a fan who doesn`t believe the Draisaitl comp is the fair one. My belief is Forsberg or maybe, just maybe Tarensenko are the more appropriate comps.

Drai plays wing and C, had an absolutely monster player, IMO, best Oiler on the ice the whole time and with that said, his contract was/is still an over payment by Chia who still is finding a way to mess with the B`s:D

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
HF = Bruins are cheap ... Bruins are dumb and over pay players .. Typical Bruins :laugh:

If we could only have some posters quit their day jobs and run the Bruins things would be soooo much better.

Bridge deal or no deal. I would not budge, Send his ******* agent a message

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I would be suprised and disappointed

The offer is the same as Filip Forsberg who is a more complete player

Is this for real

It's also the same as David Backes, who doesn't offer nearly as much as Pasta. It's also only 50% higher than Beleskey, whose about 10% the player.

I get what you're saying on Forsberg, and yes I'd take Forsberg over Pasta, but one off examples aren't all that relevant here. I'd love to get Pasta for $6M AAV too and I could make a case right along with you that it's a fair price, but so is $7M if you look at the trending salaries.

Bottom line is if the Bruins are holding a line below $7M and $7M would get it done, shame on them. Only time will tell how this shakes out but it's hard to cast blame in either direction at this point.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
It's also the same as David Backes, who doesn't offer nearly as much as Pasta. It's also only 50% higher than Beleskey, whose about 10% the player.

I get what you're saying on Forsberg, and yes I'd take Forsberg over Pasta, but one off examples aren't all that relevant here. I'd love to get Pasta for $6M AAV too and I could make a case right along with you that it's a fair price, but so is $7M if you look at the trending salaries.

Bottom line is if the Bruins are holding a line below $7M and $7M would get it done, shame on them. Only time will tell how this shakes out but it's hard to cast blame in either direction at this point.

yeah but blaming someone is fun:laugh:

If I`m disappointed in anything, it`s that Pasta isn`t in Boston right now, I understand not being under contract he won`t be participating in Bruin activities/skates etc....but I`ll be honest, not liking his optics sitting at home in the Czech Republic right now.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

Sort of consistent with paying a veteran UFA $6M for 5 years so that when the team is finally good the player is clearly on the back 9 and killing your cap.

I don't honestly think Boston would be dumb enough to go bridge deal here, but if they did it would hardly come as a shock right?

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
yeah but blaming someone is fun:laugh:

If I`m disappointed in anything, it`s that Pasta isn`t in Boston right now, I understand not being under contract he won`t be participating in Bruin activities/skates etc....but I`ll be honest, not liking his optics sitting at home in the Czech Republic right now.

I don't think the optics look any better for Boston either. They are a team building towards something and focused on youth, yet they're allowing their best young offensive talent to miss camp because they can't come to agreement with him.

Obviously we don't know the "why's" of why they haven't come to terms yet, but I think it looks terrible for both sides.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
Anything other than a long term deal would be a major failure from Sweeney.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Getting Pastrnak signed long term was like the one thing that needed to be done this off season.

Considering it was otherwise another inactive off season it would be extremely disappointing if it doesn't get done.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I don't think the optics look any better for Boston either. They are a team building towards something and focused on youth, yet they're allowing their best young offensive talent to miss camp because they can't come to agreement with him.

Obviously we don't know the "why's" of why they haven't come to terms yet, but I think it looks terrible for both sides.

Yup.

I want be positive, but I've been following this team for a long time and it feels like the screw ups far outweigh the good moves...

Feb 25, 2016
It would be helpful if some of the young guys came up and started lighting the lamp. That would put more pressure of Pasta camp to come down from the clouds.

Pasta's on his way to Philly or Carolina if this keeps up.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

Backes was a UFA

Come on elevate your game you're better than this post

member 96824

Sort of consistent with paying a veteran UFA $6M for 5 years so that when the team is finally good the player is clearly on the back 9 and killing your cap.

I don't honestly think Boston would be dumb enough to go bridge deal here, but if they did it would hardly come as a shock right?

It wouldn't shock me in the slightest.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Backes was a UFA

Come on elevate your game you're better than this post

This after you singled out one player to use as a comp for Pasta? One?!?! And I need to elevate my game? I might take Forsberg over Draisatl too and he just got north of $8M as an RFA right?

You've posted plenty of times in this thread that $7M for Pasta seems fair. I don't see why you'd feel the need to trot out Forsberg's number when you acknowledge that $7M is a fair ask for Pasta. $7M is what should work here.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Anything other than a long term deal would be a major failure from Sweeney.

What if the agent asks for $8 M and full bonus in July of salary in a lockout year

Maybe there is that money tree in the back yard my mother used to talk about every time I wanted something

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
This after you singled out one player to use as a comp for Pasta? One?!?! And I need to elevate my game? I might take Forsberg over Draisatl too and he just got north of $8M as an RFA right?

You've posted plenty of times in this thread that $7M for Pasta seems fair. I don't see why you'd feel the need to trot out Forsberg's number when you acknowledge that $7M is a fair ask for Pasta. $7M is what should work here.

I'm sorry I am dropping you to B poster status

You need to be better I know you can

maxbme

Jan 13, 2016
It's not Term that's the problem

Barry is hunting Bear plain and simple

I don't think so. From whats come out over the past two days, it sounds like they are in the same ballpark now. I'm betting its bonuses and lockout protection that they are navigating now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad