David Krejci......He's Back!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Sure looked good last night with his quick dekes and moves and Bergy is starting to look more at home.

I didn`t think Krejci looked too bad over the last few weeks outside of that awful performance against the Habs but solid game last night

Wondering if Bergy is a little sleep deprived this year with the arrival of his child? He`s still got "it" but I have to think, not unlike us here, having a child will have an impact and learning how to adjust has taken a bit of time for him, great game from Bergy last night

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Guy is an incredibly streaky player and always has been. When he wants to apply himself, he's one of the best. Problem is he rarely stays focused all year long. Which is why you get those peaks and valleys like we see with him. If you're going to do this every time the guy slumps and breaks out, it's going to be a long season...:laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
For now he's back and agree he looked good last night but the last 4 games he was not brining it. At $7 mil a year he needs to bring it every night that's what's frustrating me.

That's not who he is and not who he will ever be. He's known for not giving a crap for long periods of time in the regular season. It's annoying, but what he's done all career long.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Guy is an incredibly streaky player and always has been. When he wants to apply himself, he's one of the best. Problem is he rarely stays focused all year long. Which is why you get those peaks and valleys like we see with him. If you're going to do this every time the guy slumps and breaks out, it's going to be a long season...:laugh:

He's very streaky

I can see
40 best games 50 points
40 worst games 15-20 points

Always plays great D

Should have a great December

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
That's not who he is and not who he will ever be. He's known for not giving a crap for long periods of time in the regular season. It's annoying, but what he's done all career long.

I totally agree...why it's so frustrating. He could be a dominant player. Found it interesting in a recent article Krejci talks about not wanting to be top point producer (something like that) that's not his focus. I get that the focus is the cup and the team but to get there he needs to bring it...he seems nonchalant about his play be nice to seem him with a little fire.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Honestly I don't think I'd take another NHL center right now than KRejci when he is on. Lets hope last night kick starts a good 10 game run. Just maddening when he goes missing because he is so good.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Honestly I don't think I'd take another NHL center right now than KRejci when he is on. Lets hope last night kick starts a good 10 game run. Just maddening when he goes missing because he is so good.

When he's on? Is the comparison to other centers when they are on, too because there are several that are straight up more dominant when on. (None of them acquirable though).

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This is when Krejci needs to show what he can be. He's off to a great start this season, with a minor cold streak sprinkled in. He's being paid handsomely. Is it too much to ask him to carry the load offensively and put up 70+ points?

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
It's always felt like the season in which David does well, he truly excels and really shows himself as one of the better two way centers in the Eastern Conference, if not the whole league. BUT that is what makes the stretches of lackluster play so aggravating to watch, when those times occur. It's because we all KNOW that he's capable of reaching 65-70 points regularly, but doesn't always get there, and seems like sometimes he doesn't really seem interested in doing so.

I love Krejci. I'd love to retain him and Bergeron until the end of their careers. But despite his great start to this year so far, I think i'm gonna reserve judgement once again until the playoffs...assuming we make it, of course.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I got skewered when I said Krejci was never 100% last year. Well here's what he said and did:“Who ever feels 100 per cent?†he smiled when asked Monday. “I actually felt pretty good the last few games (of 2014-15), but the season was over.â€

He started rehab after just a 10-day summer rest, although he changed his workouts and hired a new trainer.

Kranium

Mar 9, 2014
Arvika, Sweden
For now he's back and agree he looked good last night but the last 4 games he was not brining it. At $7 mil a year he needs to bring it every night that's what's frustrating me.

Does Kane, Toews, Crosby, Malkin, Stamkos, Kessel, Perry, Getzlaf, Benn, Seguin etc...bring it every night? imo they dont. But yes...i agree...i would like to see krejci bring it every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad