Dave Joseph - New Kings Arena Announcer

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ron*

Eric Smith would have been much better.

This is a poor selection, IMO.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
As long as he doesn't try to do gimmicks it'll be fine. Anyone getting this gig was going to have a **** time. "Los Angeles Goal" will never be the same again.

I think Dave has done a few games before as a fill in.

Yeah i remember hearing him on ESPN radio about 5 or 6 years ago and remember there was a Kings connection. I know he has had some affiliation with the Kings in the past but I can't put my finger on exactly what.

I'm ok with him. There are big shoes to fill and there isn't anyone available to fill them any more adequately.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California

A little harsh...

But I would imagine Eric Smith's schedule is already hectic that he can't be the Kings' primary PA announcer. He already works for the Dodgers and replaced Courtney for Clipper games (prior to that, Courtney replaced him in 2008).

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Gonna give this guy a chance to grow on me and make this job his own.

He has a tough act to follow under difficult circumstances.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
i had forgotten about david passing, this really isnt going to be the same. I hope this isnt the same guy that filled in for David last season when he was out sick. Whoever that guy was, he was brutal.

Ron*

Dave Joseph is a class act and he's got a good voice. He's the perfect choice.

He is a class act, I just don't think he's right for this job.

Well, at least its not Dennis Packer. I know him personally and had a falling out with him and it would be brutal for me to have to listen to that guy at every Kings' home game.

So there's that.

girl4kings

2012 & 2014 Champs
Jun 13, 2004
Santa Clarita

David Courtney wouldn't think so...

I just pray to god he doesn't sound anything like the guy from the Ducks. That style drives me bananas.

Never!

i had forgotten about david passing, this really isnt going to be the same. I hope this isnt the same guy that filled in for David last season when he was out sick. Whoever that guy was, he was brutal.

You mean the guy who had to come down from the press box in the middle of the game to take over while DC was getting sick and do the PA on the fly.. ya that was him, why don't you give it a try? He did fill in a few times prior to that but there was also someone else filling in when he couldn't. David Courtney always went to Dave Joseph first.

Does anyone have any clips or video to share? I'm dying to know what this guy sounds like.

You can find some video and audio clips here http://www.davejoseph.info/

Anyone taking over this job is going to have big shoes to fill and it's not going to be easy. DJ learned a lot from DC over the last 10 plus years they have worked together. I think he is going to do a great job, the fans might think otherwise.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Welcome Dave Joseph, we look forward to you being part of the Kings family.

...is what we should all be saying.

The Big Giant Head

Mar 27, 2009
So-Cal
It's the same guy.

:facepalm:

You mean the guy who had to come down from the press box in the middle of the game to take over while DC was getting sick and do the PA on the fly.. ya that was him, why don't you give it a try? He did fill in a few times prior to that but there was also someone else filling in when he couldn't. David Courtney always went to Dave Joseph first.

I dont have a choice, i have to give him a try. All things considered though, maybe now that the job is his and he's not subbing or just brought in on the fly, he'll be better...or at least better than i remember.

I certainly am spoiled when it came to that because David Courtney had been doing it for so long and as i a kid i always thought his voice was just perfect for what he did, it was one of the first thing that stuck out to me as a kid at my first Kings game.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
As The BGH said, we're going to have to give him a try, since that's what's been decided.
But if he doesn't work out, I thought I'd mention that I was at the Reign game last Sunday - and their in-stadium announcer did a great job. We really liked him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad