Darren Raddysh, 27, Tampa; another interesting story of getting a chance and taking it

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Darren Raddysh, 27, undrafted, his brother is the more known of the Raddysh's; Taylor Raddysh
However.. currently his older brother is stealing his thunder.. pun none intended.

Because of injuries, Darren was given a chance late this season, his true shot in the NHL as it were
and you know what... he has looked, played like an NHL:er, not amazed anyone, not showing elite
abilities but.. playing like a pro, like NHL:er, a player who belongs to the NHL (at least i think so)
- i was thinking of making this thread a while ago, but i decided to wait, for a longer stint

You never know when you get your big chance.. and when you get it, you gotta take it, not let go.
- dude has gone long way

And from the little as i have watched Bolts and his games, i can tell that he has developed nicely,
has worked on his game. Honestly... i didn't believe in him, for that long, that he would become NHL:er,
was hoping that back in the day, during his junior career and when Hawks signed him..

As most know (or some know), DeBrincat is my favorite player and Raddysh was his team mate in the juniors, while playing in the OHL
for the Erie Otters, so i followed his junior career closely as well.

Darren Raddysh also have a big connection with Connor McDavid, they played from the same team from a very young age
to playing for Toronto Marlboros and Erie Otters.

He scored about 200 points in the OHL regular season with +142 +/- and added another 40 points in the play-offs

Never got drafted to the NHL, (was a 5th round pick in the OHL Draft)
His first pro contract was with Rockford IceHogs in 2017, about year later he signed his ELC with Blackhawks.,
then he moved to the Rangers in 2019.

He got a contract extension from the Rangers, but moved to Tampa in 2021.
In 2022 got a 2 year, 2-way extension with Tampa.

353 games in the AHL; this season finally had a breakout season in the AHL, at 26,
13 goals and over ppg for Syracuse with 51 points.

He made is NHL debut last year, last season, when he was called up for few games.
But now, he is living his dream as an regular NHL:er, good job dude, good job Darren!
- time will tell is this just a so called one time deal, or is this the restart of his pro career

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Unfortunately he did not get the good hair genes

Taylor -

taylor-raddysh-2023-35.jpg

Darren -

darren-raddysh-2023-55.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad