Proposal: Darnell Nurse for Anthony Mantha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013
The ask would be way too high, no joke. This team has next to no puck movers and that is what Bouch is in spades. He fills a need with quality.
Considering Wings are currently at 7th pick plus it will drop a little more. How much would they need to add to an unprotected first?

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Considering Wings are currently at 7th pick plus it will drop a little more. How much would they need to add to an unprotected first?

I think he is more along the lines of untouchable at the moment. The skill set he has is exactly what this team requires. I don't think draft picks would get him, we are in win now mode. If he gets traded it's for a #1D (with an add on our end).

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
What is your value evaluation of AA?

well first off i'm not slagging AA. i am a fan of him and the Oilers in the past have apparently shown interest in him as well. fact is i'm not sure yet because he probably hasn't reached his full potential yet. having said that, i personally am no longer enthralled with high draft picks as several different Oiler management teams have failed to capitalize on the high picks and actually build a winning team. :dunno:

BringJordanHome

Aug 18, 2018
So the Oilers have a deep defense corp? Is that what you're saying? A deep quality defense corp.

OK. I guess that shows everyone how much a true fan like you knows, doesn't it? Keep watching those games man and keep assuming.

Seriously? Finding good defensmen is one of the hardest things to do in free agency. Unless you're a cup favourite, it's harder to attract free agents at reasonable cap hits. Everyone is looking for quality defensemen so everyone ends up overpaying.

Look at this list of top 30 UFAs from last year. Only five were defensmen, led by Mike Green and Da Haan.

The top 30 unrestricted free agents of 2018 - TheHockeyNews
They definitely don’t have a deep corp right now but with Sekera and Klefbom healthy the Oilers actually aren’t that bad on D. With Bouchard, Bear and Jones coming up to NHL level sometimes in the near future too the Oilers have more issues on the wing than defense.

Last edited:

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
As someone who has watched a lot of Hitchcock press conferences over the years, I would recommend taking his "ravings" with a huge grain of salt. I vividly remember him raving about how great Paajarvi was, for example.

Yeah, that Paajarvi.

I'm not saying Nurse is that quality of player. He's clearly not. I'm just saying that I would strongly recommend against anyone taking anything that Hitchcock has to say about his players in his press conferences as gospel.

I get coaches can give praise when players have done very little to deserve it . Having said that Nurse has improved every year since he been drafted . 9 points in his last 10 games is a nice pace . Not that he will keep it up but it shows he has some offensive to his game .

Besides what I said above this is really bad timing to be post a trade thread on a top 4 D when we have 2 top 4 D injured , make that 3 if Sekera is 80% of what he was 2 season ago . Since we lost Klefbom we have lost 3 in a row so fellow Oilers fans answer is lets trade another top 4 D . Base on his last contract negotiations I think he will be gone in the next year and a half . I am one of the Oilers fans whom think Jones will become a better D with in 2 years .

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
On a line rush, sure, it would be fun to watch, but I honestly think Connor gels better with guys who slow the game down. To me, a guy like Mark Stone would be his ideal winger.

You mean an actual top line talent instead of everyone else’s middle six tweeners that would magically earn top line billing here despite not being regular top sixers on their own teams? Perish the thought.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
We’ve heard this story before. Prospects are prospects. Why not give up a battle-tested, young, number 3 defenceman to make room for em?

Oh, the Oilers. I’m a fan, but I complete get why others rip on us so much.

This . Remember Marincin and Davidson . Play great for 20 or 30 games and they the 2nd coming of Pronger . The next year they are AHLers

Reactions: TFHockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad