Proposal: Darnell Nurse for Anthony Mantha

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
The Oilers add a much needed sniper to their top 6 with Mantha. He could be dynamite beside McDavid or Draisaitl. Caleb Jones has been playing in top-4 role and has been outstanding.

The Wings drafted three forwards in Zadina, Veleno, and Berggren with their top 3 picks last year, and have a glaring need for defense.

So Darnell Nurse for Anthony Mantha? Both were bridged this offseason for 2 years, and their AAVs are only 100k apart.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
absolutely not. Nurse has looked great lately, and Mantha seems to have plateaued from last year.

Mantha would be ideal, but we can't deal one of our 3 good defensemen.

Reactions: zar

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
absolutely not. Nurse has looked great lately, and Mantha seems to have plateaued from last year.

Mantha would be ideal, but we can't deal one of our 3 good defensemen.

Nurse has been terrible lately. I would not do the deal now, but when Klef and Sekera come back we would have too many defencemen. Caleb Jones just played 20 mins in his 4th NHL game, I would not be surprised if he turns out like his brother.

Klefbom - Larsson
Russell - Jones/Gravel
Sekera - Benning/Wideman

looks good without Nurse.

puckpilot

Oct 23, 2016
Sure, weaken a weakness, that's exactly what the Oilers need. Guess tank v21.0 is on the runway.

Reactions: TS Quint

HisNoodliness

Good things come to those who wait
Jun 29, 2014
Toronto
I love Mantha, but after reviewing the tape on Nurse I'd probably do it. We really need D-men like him.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
The Oilers add a much needed sniper to their top 6 with Mantha. He could be dynamite beside McDavid or Draisaitl. Caleb Jones has been playing in top-4 role and has been outstanding.

The Wings drafted three forwards in Zadina, Veleno, and Berggren with their top 3 picks last year, and have a glaring need for defense.

So Darnell Nurse for Anthony Mantha? Both were bridged this offseason for 2 years, and their AAVs are only 100k apart.

DET also has Cholowski, Hronek, Saajarvi and Hickets either on the big team or in the AHL, plus they draft McIssaac and Regula.

While they maybe need D on the NHL roster, they also need actual established top line Fs. This deal makes zero sense for them and really I don't think it's much in EDM's interest either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad