Darnell Nurse Boat Anchor Totally Destroying McDavid's Chance At the Cup

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danarqhy

Oct 27, 2022
Check Republic
youtube.com
Darnell Nurse has a massive cap hit of $9.25 mill and is playing like #7-#8 D these playoffs. He's not only taking a huge percentage of the cap, but this boat anchor is just flat out stinking up the joint with his disastrous play, -12 and virtually no offense provided. This dude could be the main reason the McDavid-Draisaitl-era Oilers never win a cup. So much shame.

Discuss.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
they won’t do it because they don’t have any other depth or have the balls but he needs to be in the press box he’s been so bad.

His contract wasn’t great from the start but lately it’s like he’s been regressing rapidly that he’s their worst player on the ice. Guys Ceci,Kulak, Skinner can be bad but have had moments these playoffs at least. Nurse’s best moment these playoffs was making a save by accident with his ass flopping around his own grease which usually one of the stupid traits he has.

Last edited:

bettmanhatescanada

May 27, 2024
He is McDavid best friend and McDavid prefers to win with his buddy than win the cup at all cost. Even if McDavid does not win, he is happy that his buddy got his coin and is set for life. McDavid is the GM of a Mickey Mouse org, just like the devils in the 80's so said Gretzky. McDavid career starting to look like a big ''what if''.

tabness

be a playa 🇵🇸
Apr 4, 2014
It's sad because Nurse is a legit good player, incredibly physically gifted, and I think his brainfarts look worse than they are because of some stylistic idiosyncracies (no idea why he goes down on all fours so much, it does work sometimes like the ass save but obviously when it doesn't it looks awful).

He's overpaid and that will dog him, Edmonton loads up one unit at the expense of all others (his +/- and all the fancy stats wouldn't look nearly as bad compared to the team if the Oilers spread the wealth across the lineup and he'd have great numbers if he got to play with the big boys a lot), but he's looked really bad in the past few playoffs. A couple years ago it was because of injury, dunno what it is this time.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
It's important to remember that Nurse didn't sign himself to that contract. He has an agent whose job it is to get him the most money possible.

Nurse isn't destroying McDavid's chance at a Cup. Ken Holland wears that egg. For every good move (Ekholm, Hyman) there's an equally terrible one (Nurse, Campbell) that puts us right back to square 1.

Leafshater67

Nov 2, 2019
Halifax
It’s quite a bit above that in the regular season.

His playoff career average is a joke though. And that’s a 25 game sample size. I think it’s an .884% if I calculated that right?
It was yes. The regular season doesn’t matter. Skinner and Nurse need to be scratched next game and Bronerg and Campbell in. Skinner doesn’t even deserve to sit on the bench. He needs a fire lit under him

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
He has the hockey IQ of a beach ball. I don't care how physically gifted you are this isn't the dead puck era where hooking, holding, physical play dominates. You actually have to know what to do, who to tie up, when to pinch, consistently get the puck out and make the right pass and he can't do that. Not against good teams who can punish mistakes. It's really that simple and that contract plus the lack of better alternatives is sinking Edmonton.

Skinner hasn't done him any favors, but then if I'm Skinner I'm mad as hell at the defense in front of me and absolutely golden looks Dallas has created at times because the defense, Nurse in particular, screws up in front of him.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It was yes. The regular season doesn’t matter. Skinner and Nurse need to be scratched next game and Bronerg and Campbell in. Skinner doesn’t even deserve to sit on the bench. He needs a fire lit under him
Yeah, I’m not sure if they’ll take Skinner out next game.

I definitely don’t trust Campbell either, but Pickard played well in the two games he got.

I’d have to think they plan to buyout Campbell and he won’t be an option unless both of the guys dressed tonight wind up hurt. I think they’d not be happy if Campbell got hurt and they couldn’t buy him out this summer because of it.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Yeah, I’m not sure if they’ll take Skinner out next game.

I definitely don’t trust Campbell either, but Pickard played well in the two games he got.

I’d have to think they plan to buyout Campbell and he won’t be an option unless both of the guys dressed tonight wind up hurt. I think they’d not be happy if Campbell got hurt and they couldn’t buy him out this summer because of it.
I would bet a solid chunk of my life savings that Jack Campbell has played his last game as an Oiler.

Pickard is absolutely an option, though. Won't have the same shock value as last time, but Pickard generally stops what should be stopped and that's usually all we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad