Daniel Sprong Containment Thread Part 3 | Mod Warning Post #1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
When the coach marginalized him as he did, I guess that was the only option.
well he was our 4th best RW, 5th if you count Simon. The coach did the obvious thing and played his 4th best RW on the 4th line while giving him PP time. It would have been great if he could give us some offense from L4. He'd help our 2nd PP, and he could potentially improve enough to help our top 9, at least during injuries. Sadly, he couldn't play on the 4th line, so we didn't have a spot for him.

Reactions: WheresRamziAbid

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
Even though the same thing happened in Pittsburgh? Dude has some skill, but really struggles mentally with the game.
Well, that team collectively is struggling in many different facets and capacities of their game.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
well he was our 4th best RW, 5th if you count Simon. The coach did the obvious thing and played his 4th best RW on the 4th line while giving him PP time. It would have been great if he could give us some offense from L4. He'd help our 2nd PP, and he could potentially improve enough to help our top 9, at least during injuries. Sadly, he couldn't play on the 4th line, so we didn't have a spot for him.
No, The coach marginalized him early on, put him perpetually in positions to fail, and JR was forced to trade him. It's hard for a skilled guy to be effective in the role he was placed in.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
No, The coach marginalized him early on, put him perpetually in positions to fail, and JR was forced to trade him. It's hard for a skilled guy to be effective in the role he was placed in.
I agree that it's hard for a skilled guy to be effective in that role. But there was no other role available for him with our roster. Sully's job isn't to maximize Daniel Sprong, it is to win hockey games. Sprong was our 4th best RW assuming Simon was playing LW. If he isn't better than our other RW's and he can't be a 4th liner, what should be done with him?

Sprong had a tough path to finding a spot on this team. I completely agree. But that doesn't mean we did something wrong.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Welcome to the Sprong Containment Thread Brother.

@Ogrezilla can I get a Hulkster gif?
giphy.gif

Reactions: froods

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
he is. But still not as well as the RW's we have in front of him.
Rust struggled mightily and for long durations at a time. I think there was ample opportunity the first 30 or so games to give Sprong a look. Come on now. Rust was bad.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
Pettersson - 8 points, 22 games
Sprong - 9 points, 19 games

Everything else Pettersson brings to the table more than makes up for Sprong's goal scoring ability.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Rust struggled mightily and for long durations at a time. I think there was ample opportunity the first 30 or so games to give Sprong a look. Come on now. Rust was bad.
And yet, Rust has bounced back and his production for the year (rough 30 games included) is better than Sprong's.

froods

I blame Paul Martin and Jack Johnson
Aug 28, 2009
Fort Erie, ON

Everything else Pettersson brings to the table more than makes up for Sprong's goal scoring ability.
Then show the only stat that matters, win loss before and after. That will be the TKO.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017

Sprong now has 11 points in 20 games. And to be clear this isn't an indictment against MP. I like him, but Sprong got a raw deal here. Only some here have the courage to acknowledge that. And yes I'm one of those brave souls who do.

Reactions: 3074326
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad