Player Discussion Dan Boyle: Part II

orland

Jul 29, 2002
Weschester County, N
Visit site
Boyle is terrible and has been pretty much since he arrived so if he is our best option it is quite an indictment of management. Personally I think McIlrath or Diaz are better. McIlrath in particular could have and should had a season geared to his development given his unexpectedly strong preseason camp but was mostly wasted in the manner he was utilized. For a team with a shortage of young talent that is a failure of the coach and any other management involved.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think you're grasping at straws at this point. He's the best option at the moment. McIlrath is out a couple weeks and the regular season ends in three and a half weeks. Unless you want to call up some career AHL'er to play the right side, he's the best option.
I do not see how Skej is a regression to what Boyle provides. Nor do I consider him a career AHLer.
The team hasn't gotten what the probably expected out of him but that's the past.
Then why continue playing him so much?
Complaining about it at this point is arbitrary. The team should have signed Stralman but they didn't.
It may be arbitrary, but then so too is every discussion thread on here. The issue is that he how much he is playing now and what can be done about it.
The original plan was to have McIlrath rotate every few games with him so he didn't have to play as much and was ready down the stretch for the playoffs. But than G and Klein got injured and that went out the window.
That may have been accurate, but there have also be multiple times when he could have been rested, but AV choose to play him anyway.

True Blue

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Yea okay they're gonna bring up Skjei to play the right side haha. I'm done with this conversation
No, as a rookie he can continue playing his natural side. The point is that any other playing the opposite side is still better than a clearly washed up Boyle. Now feel free to be done with the conversation.

bathgate

Jun 14, 2005
If healthy, need to play McI with Yandle. Boyle should not set foot on the ice once the playoffs start. McI will be an important presence against the Isles

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
If healthy, need to play McI with Yandle. Boyle should not set foot on the ice once the playoffs start. McI will be an important presence against the Isles

That just makes toooooo much damn sense. 27 with 8 and 93 with 6. i don't care what you do with third pairing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad