Value of: Damon Severson

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
I understand the sentiment, but we're much better off hanging onto Severson for the year. He probably isn't in the long-term plans anymore, but we need a bridge top-4 RHD in case Dougie goes down again. Beyond next year, that's all Nemec, but we need some sort of insurance for 2022-23.

If Nemec is a Devil this year, it's much easier to cut Severson loose at the deadline. With full retention, we'd certainly land a 1st round pick, and possibly more. If that's the approach, I am much more comfortable with moving our 2023 1st (with protections) for an impact forward this summer.

Nothing but upside in keeping Severson.

Reactions: TBF1972

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Canes could be interested if TDA does indeed get traded/walk. Would future picks do the trick? Or needs to be prospects/roster players closer to contributing immediately?
our board own prospect expert has suggested necas as a potential target for the devils. he suggested ty smith as the piece back to carolina. i think there is a definite value gap and the devils would have to give you more and carolina wants players, who can contribute towards winning the cup. with gardiner returning you also have three nhl lhd under contract.

if the devils would be willing to take gardiner along with necas and send severson and smith, what would carolina add?

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
our board own prospect expert has suggested necas as a potential target for the devils. he suggested ty smith as the piece back to carolina. i think there is a definite value gap and the devils would have to give you more and carolina wants players, who can contribute towards winning the cup. with gardiner returning you also have three nhl lhd under contract.

if the devils would be willing to take gardiner along with necas and send severson and smith, what would carolina add?
Honestly no interest at all from me in including Necas in any trade with the Devils short of players you guys would say are untouchable. Necas is only getting moved as 1 piece of many in a huge deal for an elite level player. Otherwise we'll keep him.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Honestly no interest at all from me in including Necas in any trade with the Devils short of players you guys would say are untouchable. Necas is only getting moved as 1 piece of many in a huge deal for an elite level player. Otherwise we'll keep him.
that's fine.

if carolina feels no pressure to get rid of gardiner, i can see why they wouldn't do this. necas has the higher ceiling than smith. severson tough could be really good with slavin. his offensive capabilities are underrated. there are reasons he played on the pp for canada over chabot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad