Value of: Damon Severson

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

justHypnos

May 4, 2011
Montreal
I would primarily target a right handed version of Graves. Or a prospect that fits the profile (Cal Foote, Korczak). Not sure why a team would trade a RHD for a RHD. A similar player to Foegele instead. If Bear could return one, I have to believe Severson could, too.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
It still makes zero sense to trade him, especially in season. Yes he was atrocious the 2nd half of last night, but still.

the Devils RD after Hamilton would be PK Subban and.....?

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
It still makes zero sense to trade him, especially in season. Yes he was atrocious the 2nd half of last night, but still.

He’s highly unlikely to stay after his contract is up, trading him sooner rather than later hopefully increases his value, ideally they’d get a younger RHD in return

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vincent Clortho School for wizards
He’s highly unlikely to stay after his contract is up, trading him sooner rather than later hopefully increases his value, ideally they’d get a younger RHD in return

I don't know how we can say that. As I said last night...that was a bad game...arguably the worst I've ever seen from him (and really, it was more or less just a fantastically awful 21 minutes more so than an entire game), but it really was just one bad game (or period +). He's a solid second pairing defenseman. He's more positive than negative. Ultimately, it may just come down to money, but we certainly don't know how likely or unlikely it is for him to come back.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018

I do think that we should be having discussions with the Leafs about one of theirs. Dermott isn't great or anything, but I'd certainly take him as a bottom pairing type moving forward.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Based on what? We literally have NO idea of this one way or the other.

I guess if they want to overpay him, they may get him to stay, honestly why would he want to stay? This team has been rebuilding since he was new to the league, you have to think he’s tired of losing year after year after year

Ruutu Tootoo

Oct 16, 2014
Morris County, NJ

Which is why, at the end of the day, Devils should have drafted Clarke. Not mad at drafting Hughes, but Clarke was the need to fill. There is Reilly Walsh, though. That’s it for organizational depth at RD.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Which is why, at the end of the day, Devils should have drafted Clarke. Not mad at drafting Hughes, but Clarke was the need to fill. There is Reilly Walsh, though. That’s it for organizational depth at RD.
You do know Hughes is playing RD at Michigan right?

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey
3 current/drafted LHD are comfy on the right side
BPA is/was the right move
Could argue it was not Hughes but it was splitting hairs I think

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
You do know Hughes is playing RD at Michigan right?

You do know that Smith played RD in Spokane and isn’t even an option to play there at NHL level?

Playing the right side on a stacked powerhouse is in no way representative of what he’ll be able to do at the NHL level.

Buck Dancer

Jul 13, 2021
I would target a more defensive dman to partner up with Ty Smith or Luke Hughes. Having all these offensive dmen on our 1st and 2nd pairing isn’t ideal and lacks a certain stability. It would also drastically help our mediocre penalty killing.

If that can’t be done and the Flames are having a hard time signing Tkatchuk, he would be at the top of my list. I don’t know if Severson would be of interest or not but that’s the type of player I would love to see alongside Jack Hughes.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
You do know that Smith played RD in Spokane and isn’t even an option to play there at NHL level?

Playing the right side on a stacked powerhouse is in no way representative of what he’ll be able to do at the NHL level.
Smith played RD literally last night dude

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
I’m not sure Severson is worth a ton so makes little sense to move him for the Devils.

I imagine he returns like a 2nd + prospect.

And this is why my first post said what it said (not a knock on you, to be clear. Just figured it was clearly evident that with this player their may not be an ideal middle ground)

Last edited:

KovalSNIPE

Feb 9, 2011
The only reason I could see us trade Severson is if he doesn't want to re-sign with us. It would have to most likely be a sign and trade for another top 4 RHD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad