Pre-Game Talk: Dallas Stars @ Montréal Canadiens Jan 27th

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
So many long breaks. Then they cram so many games in a month. Stupid scheduling. And **** the ASG, nobody cares anymore.

Yeah, I didn't even watch the festivities. Maybe kids enjoy it. I just don't get anything out of it anymore. At any rate, boy, the season sure is a marathon isn't it.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Hello, Stars fan here. Should be a fun one to watch, also the Habs are now my 4th favorite team now. Plus we got something in common. We hate the Bruins, us Star fans hate them just as much as y'all now.

Naturally I hope the Habs win and I wouldn't mind by shutout. However, if the Stars do score any goals I hope it's by Seguin to add to the Bruins' seller's regret.

What did you think of Loui when he played in Dallas?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Didn't watch the ASG at all. Tuned in a few seconds to see how it was and I heard the on ice chatting with the TV coverage and that just made my mind vomit.

What's going with PAP, is he on IR or something?

Davebo*

Hello, Stars fan here. Should be a fun one to watch, also the Habs are now my 4th favorite team now. Plus we got something in common. We hate the Bruins, us Star fans hate them just as much as y'all now.

No. You think you do, but....no. ;)

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
I thought the first day of the ASG with the ability tests was fun enough, definitely worth a watch. The game itself though was just awefull.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I thought the first day of the ASG with the ability tests was fun enough, definitely worth a watch. The game itself though was just awefull.
They have to do something with the game, to make it meaningful......it's great to get the stars together, skills comp and all that, but the game itself, beyond awful....I realize no one wants to get hurt, but come on, no one even broke a sweat...it wasn't a hockey game....I watched one period, not even all of the period, couldn't believe how they were just out for a little skate...

They should go back to the old days, the Cup champs vs an all star team...which is from way back......or do what baseball does, the winner of the game, gets home ice advantage for the winning conference...just something...leaving it the way it is, brutal...:shakehead

phoque taupe

May 15, 2010
Montréal
'to give some real meaning to the game, in 2003 MLB began assigning home-field advantage in the World Series to the winner of that year's All-Star Game'

Take some notes NHL, and get ready for some crybabies

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Marc Antoine Godin ‏@MAGodin 8m8 minutes ago View translation
Le Canadien s'étire sur le terrain de soccer. Aucune trace de Parenteau, Sekac et Price. Price pourrait être encore coincé à Columbus.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 4m4 minutes ago
Snow storm in Columbus but Carey Price and Jiri Sekac should be back in Montréal during the day. They were not suppose to skate today.

Seems like the team is still expecting to have Sekac and Price tonight. PAP not participating in off-ice workouts.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak 4m4 minutes ago
#HabsOn690 Pacioretty- Plek- Weise, Galchenyuk- Desharnais- Gallagher, Prust- Eller- Thomas, Weaver - Malhotra- Bournival

Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak 11m11 minutes ago
#HabsOn690 No Parenteau at practice

martin mcguire ‏@mmcguirehockey 5m5 minutes ago
Défense: Subban-Markov, Beaulieu-Gonchar, Emelin-Gilbert

Jessica Rusnak ‏@JessRusnak 15m15 minutes ago
#HabsOn690 Price & Sekac not at practice they're on their way back from Columbus. McGill goalie Jacob Gervais-Chouinard is here instead

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Canadiens Montréal ‏@CanadiensMTL 2m2 minutes ago
Première vague d'avantage numérique / First power-play unit:
67-14-11
76-79

Deuxième vague d'AN / Second PP unit:
81-51-27
55-28
#GoHabsGo

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
67-14-11
76-79

81-51-27
55-28
#GoHabsGo

Well Sekac isn't at practice, so it's normal Eller's there. Sekac will be back on the spot next game.

Note, that wasn't a negative post.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
67-14-11
76-79

81-51-27
55-28
#GoHabsGo

I like it.

HabsFan76

Nov 3, 2011
Canada
Well Sekac isn't at practice, so it's normal Eller's there. Sekac will be back on the spot next game.

Note, that wasn't a negative post.

I've been wondering why MT is so reluctant to put Eller on the PP. If there is any player who is dispensable on the powerplay, it's Gallagher. While he does crash the net and screen the goalie on the PP, he doesn't take good decisions with the puck which explains his lack of productivity on the PP. I would swap Gallagher out of the PP for Eller for a couple games and see how it works.

FrontierPsyCHiatrist*

I've been wondering why MT is so reluctant to put Eller on the PP. If there is any player who is dispensable on the powerplay, it's Gallagher. While he does crash the net and screen the goalie on the PP, he doesn't take good decisions with the puck which explains his lack of productivity on the PP. I would swap Gallagher out of the PP for Eller for a couple games and see how it works.

Exactement mon ami.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
I just noticed that Sergei Gonchar is 100% on the Faceoff with the habs. When the hell did he take a faceboff?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad