Value of: Dale Weise

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I wouldn't mind him back in the Habs organization if the price is right.
des louises' days as a hab are done. where would he play ?

Our bottom six is no world beater but he doesnt crack the lineup. I liked him as a hab but this is the national hockey league not the nostalgia hockey league. If they don't trade him and wont assign him to the AHL he should sit back and collect every cent he is due and start planning for the next step in his life.

Reactions: HabsQC

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
des louises' days as a hab are done. where would he play ?

Our bottom six is no world beater but he doesnt crack the lineup. I liked him as a hab but this is the national hockey league not the nostalgia hockey league. If they don't trade him and wont assign him to the AHL he should sit back and collect every cent he is due and start planning for the next step in his life.

I don't think it's a coincidence that he played his best hockey as a Hab. I'd likely have him start in Laval till something opened up, he's already cleared waivers. It's not like there's anyone else down there knocking at the door to the NHL, so his presence wouldn't hold anyone back. If he puts up points down there that's a bonus. Then if the Habs have more injuries and/or make the playoffs, we can have another look.

I'm talking like Shinkaruk for Weise or something like that. It would have to be a cheap, no-risk deal.

Reactions: Runner77

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Trades for players who've passed through waivers happen fairly frequently. Happened a few times last year if I recall correctly.

It does happen, although this time, I'm not sure if it will. Just send him home today and tell him he's done as an NHL player and to stay home until the end of the year. If he doesn't retire in the summer, send him through waivers again next year and send him to the ECHL.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Weiss and a 3rd/4th for futures or they might be able to get a 5/6 for him if they eat half his deal next year.

It’s sad but more players like Weiss are only going to be given 1 or 2 year deals going forward. $2.5ish is way to much (in the current market) for players who disappear for months at a time and are very one dimensional. The worst part is. There’s a few playoff teams who could use the threat of having him come out of the press box but the number is just to high.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Weiss and a 3rd/4th for futures or they might be able to get a 5/6 for him if they eat half his deal next year.

It’s sad but more players like Weiss are only going to be given 1 or 2 year deals going forward. $2.5ish is way to much (in the current market) for players who disappear for months at a time and are very one dimensional. The worst part is. There’s a few playoff teams who could use the threat of having him come out of the press box but the number is just to high.

He makes like 1.6m above the league minimum with 1 year remaining. They don't need to package him with a 3rd to get rid of that.

If you bury him in the minors he only counts 1.3m against the cap.

Last edited:

Delete99991

May 9, 2013
He's terrible.

His AAV is irrelevant (though no, $1.6m above the mean is not immaterial).

He is a call-up quality player at best at this point in his career.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
He has negative value.

His salary next season is only 1.75M. While that's still too much for what he is currently bringing, I could see him used as a form of proxy salary retention if the Flyers and Senators consummate a deal around Anderson.

Because the Senators take back Weise who is unmovable, the Flyers get Anderson at what amounts to a 2.4M cap hit without Ottawa retaining. The Flyers would obviously include an asset with Weise since Anderson at 2.4M should have value.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It's baffling to me that people think we're going to give up any sort of asset to get rid of him. We have like 20 mil in cap space. I'd no one wants him, he sits or starts taking the bus in Lehigh. The idea that he isn't with the team isn't surprising, given how the team has one game and then they're off for a week. Why make the guy travel when he wasn't going to play?

mattef

consider the following...
May 12, 2014
Montreal, QC
It's too bad... he was really good at first in mtl, especially in the playoffs. Energy guy that could contribute offensively when it mattered...

but then Therrien started to use him in the top 6 and he somehow got into his head that he was a top 6 player. Never was the same after that...

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Spooner retained to 2.3 million + 3rd for Weise+4th

Contracts even, years left even.
Why would we need to give more? Spooner can produce in the East. Philly could use the offensive upside. The Oilers do it for the cap savings. Weise is completely redundant.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Why would we need to give more? Spooner can produce in the East. Philly could use the offensive upside. The Oilers do it for the cap savings. Weise is completely redundant.

Did you miss his atrocious showing for the Rangers this year?

Weise has twice as many points and you just know Chia is reading his height/weight and drooling.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Did you miss his atrocious showing for the Rangers this year?

Weise has twice as many points and you just know Chia is reading his height/weight and drooling.
I also saw his production out of the gate after the trade last season. It seems he's a player who benefits from a more lenient system that allows a higher risk offensive game. The coaching change in NY certainly didn't benefit him. Neither did the move to Edmonton under Hitchcock.

Fact of the matter is that Spooner is a 26 year old with a recent history of 50 point capable play. And Philly is a team in need of some secondary offense.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I also saw his production out of the gate after the trade last season. It seems he's a player who benefits from a more lenient system that allows a higher risk offensive game. The coaching change in NY certainly didn't benefit him. Neither did the move to Edmonton under Hitchcock.

Fact of the matter is that Spooner is a 26 year old with a recent history of 50 point capable play. And Philly is a team in need of some secondary offense.

Higher risk offensive game and flyers go together like lamb and tuna fish.

Reactions: Doodootheclown

Habsrule

Jun 13, 2004
Just throwing a team out there but Nashville would be my guess. Weise and Subban were always best of buds. Nashville also likes those fourth line energy guys.

Now I will say that 50% of his contract would have to be retained. I am not overly sure what the Preds would want to offer in return as they do not have any bad contracts that I can think of off the top of my head.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I'd love to see him on the Oilers. He and Looch had a bromance going there at one point in the playoffs!

Reactions: Stubu

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad