Confirmed Buy-Out [DAL] D Ryan Suter bought out by the Stars

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I wonder where he ends up? I think he could still easily be a #6 somewhere to chase a cup, I bet he ends up in Colorado on a cheap contract

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Frees up a bit of change with the contracts for Tanev, Harley and Lundkvist all still pending.

Suter was a liability out there more often than not......addition by subtraction I think.

Maybe he'll shake off the rust next season and play better elsewhere.

Reactions: BHD and LT

Hobnobs

Pinko
Nov 29, 2011
I'm sure he spontaneously developed a debilitating allergy, it just an amazing coincidence that it happened when his salary dropped to only 1mil a year.

He didn't. You just don't know what exzcema is and how it progressively screws you up. So basically you're tin foiling it.

Reactions: Sota Popinski

Jeune Poulet

Oct 31, 2019
Despite the nonsense put out by certain clueless fans, players won't get on LTIR without actual injuries and illnesses.
If you believe this, you are the one who is extremely clueless and don't know how this industry works (or any other industry for that matter, because people having convenient health issues suddenly popping up happens everywhere, all the time).

Having said that, circumventing the cap this way is a lot of work. It's not like you just file some papers. You have to make "the magic" happen.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I'm sure he spontaneously developed a debilitating allergy, it just an amazing coincidence that it happened when his salary dropped to only 1mil a year.
He missed practices all the time to deal with it. A blackhawks beat writer began calling anytime a veteran took a day off, a Hossa. Because how often Hossa got days off. He was missing time to mitigate the gunk for some years. Many didn't think he was gonna play the last year he did when is salary also jumped down. He had to keep taking stronger approved steroid dozes to lower the issue.

Was Suter missing tons practices mid playing 20+ minutes? Not sure he is dealing with anything.

Shane Diesel

Jun 8, 2021
If you believe this, you are the one who is extremely clueless and don't know how this industry works (or any other industry for that matter, because people having convenient health issues suddenly popping up happens everywhere, all the time).

Having said that, circumventing the cap this way is a lot of work. It's not like you just file some papers. You have to make "the magic" happen.
I'd ask for evidence, but I know you'll just say it's obvious and won't come up with anything. Probably just call me a league stooge.

Oh what the hell, what evidence do you have individual teams, players, doctors and the NHLPA are all engaging in multi-million dollar fraud annually to benefit certain teams?

Last edited:
Reactions: HabsQC and Hobnobs

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
He missed practices all the time to deal with it. A blackhawks beat writer began calling anytime a veteran took a day off, a Hossa. Because how often Hossa got days off. He was missing time to mitigate the gunk for some years. Many didn't think he was gonna play the last year he did when is salary also jumped down. He had to keep taking stronger approved steroid dozes to lower the issue.

Was Suter missing tons practices mid playing 20+ minutes? Not sure he is dealing with anything.
sadly no, Suter never missed a game. The one player you don't want in the lineup and he never f***ing misses a game. Should have been eating scratches but can't scratch him because of his name.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad