Confirmed Trade: [DAL/NYR] Nils Lundkvist for 1st 2023 top 10 Protected + Cond. 2025 3rd

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
lol, I never complained about the deal, I complained about hyping Drury.
Drury made the deal. Only looking at this deal in a vacuum. It’s fair to not love everything Drury has done. I certainly do not, but this isn’t the time for it. got to praise the good if you are going to criticize the bad too

Dallas has never, and will never be a basement team though?
never is a long time.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
It's very possible Dallas is a basement team 2024, seems really risky.

Doubt that

Robertson, Hintz, Heiskanen and Oettinger are enough to keep them out of the basement as long as they dont surround them exclusively with bottom 6ers.

Also, look at their prospects. They are deadly and a lot of them are close.

Johnston, Stankoven and Bourque just had outrageous seasons

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
Good for the Rangers and for Lundkvist. Could work out for Dallas too, you never know. I've never seen huge upside with the player but he could be a good add to a NHL lineup.

Definitely a move that says they want to stay competitive now.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Drury made the deal. Only looking at this deal in a vacuum. It’s fair to not love everything Drury has done. I certainly do not, but this isn’t the time for it. got to praise the good if you are going to criticize the bad too

never is a long time.
It is crazy though to get a 1st for Lundkvist, after getting a 2nd and Blais for Buch. But I guess with the flat cap, a guy who is on his ELC for the next 2 years has extra value compared to a pending RFA with arbitration rights.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Don’t know much about Lundkvist. Is he better than people think? Or is Dallas more incompetent than people think?

Stars must like this kid a lot to give up a 1st for a while player wanting out.

Zynbanejad

To Blais or Not To Blais
Jul 7, 2010
Don’t know much about Lundkvist. Is he better than people think? Or is Dallas more incompetent than people think?

His numbers without Nemeth were better, but not stellar. In the end, he wasn't given a proper chance and Schneider was a better fit for a bottom pairing role.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Doesn’t matter. He’s still unproven and requested to be traded. Rags had no leverage. He wasn’t reporting. Not saying he’s not worth that price or won’t be a really good player but I think the stars overpaid right now.
It was reported that a team offered a high 2nd. That team probably wasn't Dallas, so there were likely at least 2 teams bidding for him.

TheGreenTBer

the only language I speak is FAILURE
Apr 30, 2021
Exactly my thoughts. Would have thought 2nd at most.
Yeah, I mean I didn't think any GM would pay this kind of price and I should have learned my lesson years ago. The lesson is the following: young defensemen make GM's do crazy things. :laugh:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Nils is going to be good. Don’t get it twisted from the devaluing on here. Problem is there was not a spot for him on the Rangers. I did not expect to get a 1st in a deep draft though. This deal could easily be a win win but the Rangers will be happier right now

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad