Confirmed Trade: [DAL/CBJ] Lauri Korpikoski for Dillon Heatherington

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
Wait what, Keklu picked up a Finn?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Wait what, Keklu picked up a Finn?

He does that from time to time. It's kind of rare; I think he's got something against Finns or something. Clear bias for American players. :nod: ;)

Harrington stands a good chance of being a decentish depth NHLer. Can move, is big, occasionally makes you think he might be able to take a decent shot or two. Nothing earth-shattering, but useful.

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Good size, decent skater. Could be a better mover of the puck. A position of strength (young d-men with size who can skate) for a CBJ org. He can be an NHL player in the net couple seasons.

I'll add that he was a 2nd round pick (54th i believe?) in 2013. Was #6 on Canada's wjc team one year. Big, strong skater, great shot blocker, postionally sound, athletic. Prefers to skate the puck out of the defensive zone wide if it's there, but tends to make the safe, simple play. Hard shot, but he's not much of an offensive player. I actually haven't seen him play this season but what I had seen in the past he reminded me a lot of Methot. Has 2-3 more years to go but he could become a reliable bottom pairing guy.

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
interesting twist here is that a young Korpikoski was among the players swept out by Torts after his first partial season as NYR head coach

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Korpikoski... Really good skater. Hands of concrete. Can't pass, can't shoot. Was named NHL's worst player last season. Even so, this season he's been pretty good. In theory, he's functional in a bottom 6 role even though I don't consider him exactly great defensively.

Considering the return, I think Jackets did well and he should fit in.

WhiteWings*

Sep 1, 2016
Heatherington is a WJC-18, WJC-20 and AHL Calder cup champion. Dallas got some champion's pedigree in him.
And Korpikoski is on his 5th team in 4 years. The guy shouldn't rent a house ever.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
Korpikoski... Really good skater. Hands of concrete. Can't pass, can't shoot. Was named NHL's worst player last season. Even so, this season he's been pretty good. In theory, he's functional in a bottom 6 role even though I don't consider him exactly great defensively.

Considering the return, I think Jackets did well and he should fit in.

Can't shoot? Hes career avg shooting percentage is 10,6% that is on par with NHL average. His not bad. His average.

agent082

Feb 11, 2012
Can't shoot? Hes career avg shooting percentage is 10,6% that is on par with NHL average. His not bad. His average.

His shot is actually quite hard but it feels he misses shots a lot. Is there a stat where is also missed shots?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad