Proposal: Dahlin for Q. Hughes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
Why would any of the teams do this?

It’s like swapping Lidström for Bourque…

I wouldn’t quite put those names into the conversation yet, but your point makes sense. You only make the move if your guy has a clear personality issue (which I haven’t heard about either guy) or you expect the other teams guy to be a clear tier above.

Reactions: TML1990

yzerman

Apr 23, 2017
Sweden
Dahlin is a mix between Lidström and Erik Karlsson going forward and Quinn Hughes is himself.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Okay what the heck, i'm shocked that Canucks fans are saying that they'd do it.

Dahlin is total garbage defensively and all comparisons to Lidström should be banned and marked as blasphemy. Both are Swedish, that's about it.

I wouldn't trade Hughes for Dahlin.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Omg Hughes in Buffalo would be a total mess. That kid is dynamic but he needs a team around him. He can't do it alone, and in Buffalo, he'd be very very alone.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North

Dahlin is total garbage defensively and all comparisons to Lidström should be banned and marked as blasphemy. Both are Swedish, that's about it.

and Hughes isnt.... :laugh: has a habs fan i loved every second Hughes was on the ice when we played the nucks obviously hes still young and will become better but right now hes a mess defensively also

neutral fan i take Dahlin all day

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
This is a tough one, but I would not do it from the Sabres perspective.

Dahlin seems to at least be content in Buffalo and is under contract so you try to build around him. If the franchise continues to be a dumpster fire a few years from now and he is not happy, you trade him for some younger players/prospects. I'd be concerned about Quinn's contract demands to play in Buffalo as well as him him bolting first chance he gets to NJ or elsewhere if he were exiled to Buffalo (not making fun of the city, just the unfortunate state of the franchise which I really do hope vastly improves soon).

Oilers In Tree

Sep 10, 2021
Edmonton
As a Canucks fan, I think I would do it.
Of course you would lol.

Im not sure how you’re ignoring the fact that Hughes is as bad or worse defensively than Dahlin. Lol

D108A8D2-5CD3-49E7-A6A6-3BE87D9203E6.jpeg

NextGoalIsHuge

Nov 19, 2017
Hm. I get the "defensive garbage" take that many have on Quinn. Not my take, though. Tough year for everyone in blue and green. He is what he is and he'll get better or be utilized to his strengths. The offensive capabilities are just too far off the chart for me to walk away now. I'd want to build our D-corps with him in mind. Never had anything like him in Van.

No dis to Dahlin, though. Not going to compare them, directly.
They are both great pieces to have.

If it fell to me to decide, I'd pass. YMMV

Reactions: Grantham

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I'd do this easily as a Canucks fan. If Housley was still the coach of the Sabres, it would have been interesting to see Hughes play under him. I see them as similar players.

kcunac

Aug 31, 2008
Ottawa
Since this is total fantasy, why not Eichel and Dahlin for Pettersson and Hughes?

Maybe Dahlin has more value than Hughes, but Pettersson should have more value than an injured and angry Eichel. Van has just over 16M in cap and could fit the salaries. Buff might consider because these are probably the highest end players they could hope for in an Eichel deal. Van probably wouldn't do it unless Eichel is close to playing as the current GM needs to make the playoffs this year or finally gets canned.

Reactions: NotPetya

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad