D Will Sharpe - Lethbridge Hurricanes, WHL (2025 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Sharpe is one of the top defensive prospects in his age group and should be an interesting prospect to follow going forward.

WHL rights: Lethbridge Hurricanes

Last edited:
Reactions: Dominance

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
goal, +1 and 3 sog in his WHL (preseason) debut

1662788087431.png

wild hair

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Has a rather small role for Lethbridge this season but they just traded overager defenseman Pauls so Sharpe might get an extended role soon. Has certainly earned it. Mostly rock solid, not playing like a rookie. Also has pretty much NHL size already, probably around 200lbs but he's an amazing skater for his weight class.

Also proved he can really shoot the puck when scoring his first two WHL goals last game:

At least Arntsen will be gone next season, maybe McCutcheon as well so Sharpe (together with Doyle and Chadwick) will likely be Lethbridge's go to defensemen next season which is gonna be Sharpe's draft season. Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being one of the top defenders of his draft class because I think there's untapped offensive potential.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Doesn't seem to get noticed by fans or media but I'm pretty confident NHL scouts are watching this kid closely. He's slightly smaller but reminds me of Sam Dickinson quite a bit. Not overly flashy but just so good in all areas of the game and terribly efficient in everything he does playing in all situations. Has 6 points in 7 games and a bigger role with the Hurricanes this season. He's also a big reason why they're the nr.2 in the WHL right now by point percentage. He's a 1st rounder in my book for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bubbles

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad