D Tarin Smith - Everett Silvertips, WHL (2024 Draft)

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Wasn’t too familiar with his game before the U17’s but has definitely caught my eye as a guy who has impressed early on - already has good size, listed at 6’1”, has a good offensive skillset and is quite comfortable when the puck is on his stick. Seems to have a good shot from the point, it’s very hard so it’s going to make defenders think twice about getting in front of it. I’ve seen him get beat wide with speed more times than I’d like so that’s likely something he’ll have to improve on going forward. But nonetheless an interesting player going forward.

WHL Rights: Everett Silvertips
WHL Draft: Everett Silvertips (R1, 2021, #20 Overall)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I thought he seemed a little disinterested and slow with his decision-making defensively, but otherwise, a good offensive defenseman that can skate and has size. If he can improve his defending, he'll be a first round pick, maybe an early one. He might be one without much defensive improvement. His patience and fakes with the puck for a defenseman are very impressive, but he does make some errors with the puck and should sometimes make a simpler play rather than trying to beat every defenseman.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
@landy92mack29, @Bubbles, @GermanSpitfire, @Mathieukferland, @rt, @Dominance

What do you guys think? Am I wrong in saying he has a lot of potential? Very good skater, good puck game, has 5 points in 12 games (1 off team Dman lead in 1 fewer game), 6’1, and underexposed because he barely played any WHL games last season.

Could he be a lesser Korchinski? Maybe a second round version?

Honestly haven't see much of Everett's games because there's not too many prospects on the team. I will keep an eye out though.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

What do you guys think? Am I wrong in saying he has a lot of potential? Very good skater, good puck game, has 5 points in 12 games (1 off team Dman lead in 1 fewer game), 6’1, and underexposed because he barely played any WHL games last season.

I haven’t been able to catch many players outside of Europe this season. Been really busy and that region is my main priority this year.

The ones I have are the kids regarded rather highly.

Sorry I can’t be of help here.

Mathieukferland

Oct 11, 2020
Sloane Square, Chelsea, England

Admittedly has been nearly a year since I saw him play at whc-17, but decent 4 way mobility and good north south speed. Walked the blueline well and made a good first pass. Got caved in in his own zone in the final against NTDP, in zone gps looked off

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Watching Catton again tonight and notice this guy every time I watch Everett. He's physical too. Can skate and some offense there. Might sneak into that mid 2nd round. I like him.

EP likes him too, obvious flaws, but he tries a lot on the blueline and that's what you want to see with some of the mid to later rated prospects.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Smith is being slept on

I’ve watched a few Silvertip playoff games. He catches my eye every time he’s on the ice

He has so many pro tools. He’s smart, big, physical and surprisingly mobile. On top of that he can actually handle the puck. He’s still has a long way to come, but there’s a lot to work with here. He has nice upside, but a really solid floor. He’s the type of prospect NHL teams love. I wouldn’t be shocked if he’s a late 1st early 2nd

Everett now down 3-0 to the powerhouse Winterhawks. It would be fun to see him at the u18

User1996

Jun 24, 2020
Like him too - not enough to have him over guys like Freij, LSW, Mews, etc, though.

But he needs to stop pitchforking when he doesn’t have the puck. He’s a faster skater with the puck than he is without it because of it.

Easy fix though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad