D Max Pšenička - Plzeň, Czechia (Draft 2025)

czech

Feb 23, 2009
In threads where Czech hockey players are discussed, and especially in the topic about Radim Mrtka, you can often read the following: if a defenseman plays in an senior league, if he is tall (preferably 6'4''+) and if he is right-handed, then scouts should definitely evaluate him and select him, preferably in the first round, even if his game is not always perfect.
Then I am ready to present to you: "Radim Mrtka-version-2" Max Psenicka!
6'4.5", right shoots, plays in the Extraliga. He started out in the U20 league, but his last games are with the senior team, and I think he'll stay there until the end of the season. And, as far as I remember, he spent the entire preseason with the main team and scored points (and not just one). And while Mrtka's name can only be seen in the "assists" column in the scoresheets, Psenicka scored a goal in today's game. He played for Slavia for a long time, and has playing for Plzen since the new season. And he gets a lot of ice time (for a player his age): in four of the last five games his TOI was 13 minutes (the same Mrtka spends an average of 7-8 minutes per game).

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
In threads where Czech hockey players are discussed, and especially in the topic about Radim Mrtka, you can often read the following: if a defenseman plays in an senior league, if he is tall (preferably 6'4''+) and if he is right-handed, then scouts should definitely evaluate him and select him, preferably in the first round, even if his game is not always perfect.
Then I am ready to present to you: "Radim Mrtka-version-2" Max Psenicka!
6'4.5", right shoots, plays in the Extraliga. He started out in the U20 league, but his last games are with the senior team, and I think he'll stay there until the end of the season. And, as far as I remember, he spent the entire preseason with the main team and scored points (and not just one). And while Mrtka's name can only be seen in the "assists" column in the scoresheets, Psenicka scored a goal in today's game. He played for Slavia for a long time, and has playing for Plzen since the new season. And he gets a lot of ice time (for a player his age): in four of the last five games his TOI was 13 minutes (the same Mrtka spends an average of 7-8 minutes per game).
Who is better in your opinion?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad