D Leo Sahlin Wallenius - Växjo Lakers, J20 Nationell (2024, 53rd, SJ)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Is he ahead of Freij developmentally? Interesting that they loaned out Freij and not LSW.

They are pretty much interchangeable in the consensus NHL draft rankings it seems. That low first to mid second range.

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
Is he ahead of Freij developmentally? Interesting that they loaned out Freij and not LSW.

They are pretty much interchangeable in the consensus NHL draft rankings it seems. That low first to mid second range.
Personally I don't think he's ahead, and I honestly have a hard time believing he'll get to play any significant minutes in the SHL this season. Hopefully I'm wrong.

Reactions: BKarchitect

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Personally I don't think he's ahead, and I honestly have a hard time believing he'll get to play any significant minutes in the SHL this season. Hopefully I'm wrong.
they're handling of both of them strikes me as odd. neither got any SHL time this year, while a handful of games to expose your top young defensemen to next level is not uncommon. and then just dumping off freij? what am i missing???

hockeyprospects9

Feb 10, 2023
Sweden
they're handling of both of them strikes me as odd. neither got any SHL time this year, while a handful of games to expose your top young defensemen to next level is not uncommon. and then just dumping off freij? what am i missing???
Well, It’s just a loan to give him good minutes against men, likely by Freij’s request.

And there was talk about loaning SW as well, but either Växjö decided against it (which imo would be a weird move) or no HA team could grant him a good spot. He could still be loaned out later, so we’ll see.

Last edited:

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Well, It’s just a loan to give him good minutes against men, likely by Freij’s request.

And there was talk about loaning SW as well, but either Växjö decided against it (which imo would be a weird move) or no HA team could grant him a good spot. He could still be loaned out later, so we’ll see.

I checked out Bjorkloven's roster D from this past season to see what Freij is up against and they only carried one 18 year old D so I would imagine Freij replaces that guy. Everyone else was 23+ years old so it will be interesting to see how many minutes he's able to get in the '24-'25 season.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
When I went to watch some games, I always noticed Wallenius more than Freij to be honest. Thought his game was more mature and a little more pro projectable.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Could he be an import draft candidate for the CHL? Seems to have blown out the J20 and if his SHL team is good he probably wont get enough time up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad