D Jan Skok - Škoda (Plzeň), Czechia (2025 Draft)

czech

Feb 23, 2009
One of two players available for the 2025-draft who is recruited this season for playing in the top championship of their country (if we consider the only top hockey countries: RUS, SWE, FIN, CZE, SVK, GER, SUI (the other player is Andrej Zuščák, who played one game in the top division of Slovakia)). Today, Skok played his third game and was on the ice for more than 13 minutes (A. Jiříček, by the way, was also more trusted (ice-time >20 min.)). Next season, I hope, he will gain a foothold in the Extraliga if he does not leave for the CHL.

Reactions: Czechboy

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Almost 20 minutes played in today's match. Even more than A. Jiříček.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
For the third game in a row, Skok spends more time on the ice than Jiříček, and also has a better +/- rate.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Also has a great shot.
...He recently led his team to the "Dorost" league final, scoring a goal in overtime from a Titlbach pass.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
Has a team nickname "Jumpy", as his last name is translated - 'jump'. Nominated for J18 championship. The only 2025 draft eligible player on the team.

Reactions: Czechboy

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Jan Skok is top player 2006, top 50 pick in draft .
Fair comment as he will be an older player in the 25 draft and already has a very projectable NHL body at age 16.

Back to the OP though the Czech league isn't exactly that hard to break into anymore although doing it at 15 certainly is something notable.

It is very interesting that he and Adam Jiricek who is only a couple of months older but a 24 draft prospect are on the same club team.

It will be a scouts dream.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Where would you place Jan Skok in the draft?
I honestly haven’t seen anything impressive from him, albeit with the caveat that I’ve only seen him with the U17 and U18 national teams. However, that’s exactly where a player like him should stand out.

So given what I’ve seen, I don’t know if or where I’d draft him. Jiricek, Svozil and Galvas all look a lot more promising from that 06 group.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I honestly haven’t seen anything impressive from him, albeit with the caveat that I’ve only seen him with the U17 and U18 national teams. However, that’s exactly where a player like him should stand out.

So given what I’ve seen, I don’t know if or where I’d draft him. Jiricek, Svozil and Galvas all look a lot more promising from that 06 group.
I'll be thrilled if he's drafted.

Reactions: pgfan66

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
I mean he had 5 points in 40 games in shit Czech junior league, doesn't exactly scream high upside to me. He doesn't have great physical tools either, only 6'0" for a defensive defenseman is not ideal. His international play has been fine, but at this point I think he will follow the path of 2003-born defenseman David Moravec. A fine depth for the Czech junior teams, but not a player you actually spend a pick on.

That being said, he did put himself on the map this year, thanks to making the U18 WJC team as an underager and if there's one Czech club I trust in prospect development, it's Plzen, so he has that going for him as well.

pepino

May 5, 2023
I mean he had 5 points in 40 games in shit Czech junior league, doesn't exactly scream high upside to me. He doesn't have great physical tools either, only 6'0" for a defensive defenseman is not ideal. His international play has been fine, but at this point I think he will follow the path of 2003-born defenseman David Moravec. A fine depth for the Czech junior teams, but not a player you actually spend a pick on.

That being said, he did put himself on the map this year, thanks to making the U18 WJC team as an underager and if there's one Czech club I trust in prospect development, it's Plzen, so he has that going for him as well.
but he is not a defender who will have 30 points per season, he is a great defensive defender, I would compare him to Gudas, his physical characteristics are almost the same and in the extra league he played to the body and was not afraid. I believe the kid will play in the NHL

pepino

May 5, 2023

he plays better in the club than Jiricek and the coach sees much more in him than in Jiricek, the fact that he does not succeed in the national team like in Pilsen means nothing at all if he plays well in the club. scouts will find him, he got more ice time than Jiříček in the Tipsport Extraliga League

• Haha
Reactions: czech and Goodman68

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
but he is not a defender who will have 30 points per season, he is a great defensive defender, I would compare him to Gudas, his physical characteristics are almost the same and in the extra league he played to the body and was not afraid. I believe the kid will play in the NHL
Fair enough, not a bad comparison. But even Gudas showed more offense at the Czech youth levels.
he plays better in the club than Jiricek and the coach sees much more in him than in Jiricek, the fact that he does not succeed in the national team like in Pilsen means nothing at all if he plays well in the club. scouts will find him, he got more ice time than Jiříček in the Tipsport Extraliga League
I am assuming you are the biggest Jan Skok fan out there, his family relative or even Jan Skok himself, but this is just insanity. Jiricek and Skok are not comparable prospects at the moment, not even close.

pepino

May 5, 2023
Fair enough, not a bad comparison. But even Gudas showed more offense at the Czech youth levels.

I am assuming you are the biggest Jan Skok fan out there, his family relative or even Jan Skok himself, but this is just insanity. Jiricek and Skok are not comparable prospects at the moment, not even close.

I am assuming you are the biggest Jan Skok fan out there, his family relative or even Jan Skok himself, but this is just insanity. Jiricek and Skok are not comparable prospects at the moment, not ev

no, I'm not related, I've been following Skok since his first match for Tipsport extraliga

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

pepino

May 5, 2023
Svozil has not played for the fourth game in a row,mainly because everyone praises him

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
He is one of the top Czech’s in his ages group? Can’t wait to see him preform at the WJC this year. The pipeline of Czech born defenders continues.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Us Czech fans are dying for a Czech Dman (or 10) to get drafted and make the NHL... I think Skok will be in the Cech and Moravec mould. NT member who gets some minutes and can defend.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
He is one of the top Czech’s in his ages group? Can’t wait to see him preform at the WJC this year. The pipeline of Czech born defenders continues.
Skok is a completely average player and maybe won't be drafted. I don't know what to expect from Mrtka, but he will definitely be a player with much higher potential. And of course there will be far better Czech forwards in the draft.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad