Confirmed with Link: D.J. Smith Contract Extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Pierre "capital 'D'" Dorion looking tight as f*** in that spandex golf-T. You think he's been working out? I think he's been working out.

Watch out Bergevin. Time's a tick'n...

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Gotta say, it's kind of sad how many times the appearance of several people around the organization is discussed by people posting anonymously on the interwebs.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
HS he shown you he’s the coach for the future? Just haven’t seen enough to believe in his pedigree. Team was lifeless last night.

he should be embarrassed at what happened yesterday - that was get fired type of performance from his team.

unacceptable

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
HS he shown you he’s the coach for the future? Just haven’t seen enough to believe in his pedigree. Team was lifeless last night.

he should be embarrassed at what happened yesterday - that was get fired type of performance from his team.

unacceptable

Totally disagree - the team was getting hosed by the refs … what do you wan them to do … just take it?

The integrity of the game was lost after FLD had 7/8 PP chances. Not to mention in the game we killed them they had a ton early too (like 5 of first 5). An AHL team could beat a NHL team if they are on the PP half the game.

It wreaks of Bettman controlling the game and it’s something that will need to get looked at, especially with all the betting revenue . I’m glad they pushed back.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Totally disagree - the team was getting hosed by the refs … what do you wan them to do … just take it?

The integrity of the game was lost after FLD had 7/8 PP chances. Not to mention in the game we killed them they had a ton early too (like 5 of first 5). An AHL team could beat a NHL team if they are on the PP half the game.

It wreaks of Bettman controlling the game and it’s something that will need to get looked at, especially with all the betting revenue . I’m glad they pushed back.

I see what MLS has down in Montreal, Sutter in Calgary - I just don’t see that type of inspiration with DJ.

Ottawa hasn’t been good under DJ - let’s just set the facts straight

I just don’t see him with the confidence and with a swagger a HC needs. Nice guy, good coach. Not a great coach.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I see what MLS has down in Montreal, Sutter in Calgary - I just don’t see that type of inspiration with DJ.

Ottawa hasn’t been good under DJ - let’s just set the facts straight

I just don’t see him with the confidence and with a swagger a HC needs. Nice guy, good coach. Not a great coach.

The team had one crappy PP goal against though two periods while being down 14 minute of PP time … I’d say they battled as long as they could.

Our first line spent the first half of the game sitting on the bench cold. You don’t just hop on and have elite feel and touch against a good team. Two penalties against a team per period crushes rhythm… 4 eliminates it. Add in home change and TV time out and the game is 100% neutralized for Florida. The odd possession the Sens get FLd is allowed to overplay us without a call eliminating any scoring chances.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
Did you guys fall into a coma and wake up just in time for yesterday's game???

DJ has made some mistakes sure, just like every coach ever, but he is the absolute main reason that this team has not completely embarrassed itself to the bottom of the league over the past month and a half.

No Batherson, no Norris, no Chabot at one point, no Colin White for 5 months, no Pinto, no #1 goaltender, and a line up given to him that includes the likes of:

Sanford, Ennis, Kelly, Watson, J. Brown, Zaitsev, Gambrell, all playing at the same time.

And yet still he somehow has the team playing competitive, physical, exciting hockey for the most part and we have been able to keep up with any team in the league.

Completely unfair to judge an NHL coach's capabilities when he is given an AHL lineup (yes injuries) to work with.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Last night was not a good game to evaluate DJ on, considering we were facing the best team in the league and were missing 3 core members of our rebuild (Batherson, Pinto, Sanderson).

However, if games like that continue, I'd be looking at Dorion just as much given he has no idea how to assemble a contending roster.

Alfie11

Feb 23, 2018
Bottom payroll team is at the bottom of the standings. It's not the coaches fault.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Last night was not a good game to evaluate DJ on, considering we were facing the best team in the league and were missing 3 core members of our rebuild (Batherson, Pinto, Sanderson).

However, if games like that continue, I'd be looking at Dorion just as much given he has no idea how to assemble a contending roster.

Neither guy is close to the hot seat, but Dorion should & would be there way sooner than Smith.

I dont think Smith will be the guy to take us to the top level, but I think he can get us to the next level & help lay a very good foundation for years to follow.

LevelingSolo

Jan 15, 2012
Like pretty much all the coaches that have come through this organization since Murray, not NHL caliber

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
He needs to be replaced in the Summer

Can't coach at this level

Like pretty much all the coaches that have come through this organization since Murray, not NHL caliber

He has to be embarrassed by how the team is playing

Genuinely curious to get your opinions on why this was not a suggestion a week ago when the team was winning and keeping up against much better teams?

Seems a couple of losses and suddenly some people remember that they hate the coach.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Look at how Montreal is playing with a new coach. The Sens need a new voice.

I would be very surprised if they fired DJ, but if they did who do you think they would replace him with? I doubt they would bring in a guy like St Louis, it would most likely be Capuano or Mann from Belleville someone most likely already on the payroll as they have done before that doesn't increase the costs as much. They have had a lot of coaching changes over the last decade & it's helped temporarily, it's yet to sustain the team.

My guess is he gets another yr or more likely the first month or two of next season to see if he can move this team along. Claude Julien would probably like to get back into the NHL & he is home grown, but he's also old school & might not be that different than DJ really. Who knows what they will do?

Reactions: Cosmix

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Genuinely curious to get your opinions on why this was not a suggestion a week ago when the team was winning and keeping up against much better teams?

Seems a couple of losses and suddenly some people remember that they hate the coach.
A couple losses? Look at the entire season bud. Last one too. DJ is a clown.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Changing the coach here would be like painting over a water stain on your ceiling. Maybe it looks better for a few weeks, but you haven't fixed the fundamental problem.

Reactions: Gil Gunderson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad