Confirmed with Link: D.J. Smith Contract Extension

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Loach

Jun 9, 2021
After the first period it was fairly even.
You can't really look at the shot clock.

DJ Smith Post Game.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Yeah, 58 shots against is NBD. Wow, this is beyond.

I can't believe how badly they play in their own end. At least bring in a new D-zone coach. Or force them to try a new system because running around chasing the puck and yelling at each other after letting 8 million shots on net isn't working.

Reactions: Bileur

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

I can't believe how badly they play in their own end. At least bring in a new D-zone coach. Or force them to try a new system because running around chasing the puck and yelling at each other after letting 8 million shots on net isn't working.
I wonder if we were in on Jacques Martin

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
It is clear to me this team cannot win a cup with DJ as coach.

That doesn’t mean he wasn’t a good fit at times during the rebuild. He does seem to have fostered a close knit room which avoided a lot of rebuild negativity which is a credit to him.

MarkStone

Frankie Fryer
Mar 12, 2016
It is clear to me this team cannot win a cup with DJ as coach.

That doesn’t mean he wasn’t a good fit at times during the rebuild. He does seem to have fostered a close knit room which avoided a lot of rebuild negativity which is a credit to him.
Yep, I give him credit for the locker room not turning into a toxic divide of cliques.

Reactions: Bileur

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

DJ Smith Post Game.

There wasn't a huge discrepancy. Florida did still carry the play though which is the problem I have.

1667148783045.png

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I mean yes if you take away an entire 3rd of the game in which we got obliterated…the game doesn’t look so bad…

Clearly wasn't what was said but it doesn't really matter what was said or what happens on the ice the same talking points are going to prevail.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

If Sutter ever becomes available, I would like to get him as HC to teach each player how to play without the puck.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

50 shots against is NBG = No Big Deal. But "rest is a weapon" is a big deal and fireable offence? Hmmmm.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
This guy is not an NHL level coach. The rebuild is not over until he's fired.

Reactions: Emrasie

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I like DJ and Dorion, they really look like great guys but in my "ideal multi-verse" they would be the assistants to other guys who could lead us to a championship. I'm sure the players like DJ but the 2-way side of things, we just don't have it and we'll need another voice. How many of these Chabot/Batherson/Tkachuk/etc contract years can we throw away? We need to start winning yesterday

Relax! It's the pre-season and everyone knows looking bad in our D zone and giving up loads of goals to the Habs AHL team is to be expected.

After 5 years of awful team D we are just waiting for the regular season to begin before showing we won't allow constant pressure in our zone.

or to run around like headless chickens in our zone is totally normal, it's part of the strategy, to make other teams think they have a chance!

Don't you dare criticize the masterplan

DJ Smith Post Game.

Do they even advanced stats?

Period 2 + 3

Corsi : 23 vs 31 + 15 vs 21
Shots : 13 vs 21 + 9 vs 11
Scoring Chances : 16 vs 17 + 10 vs 14
High Danger Scoring Chances : 6 vs 5 + 4 vs 9

He's right, we weren't getting ass-whooped as much as in the first period...

The score flattered us and DJ got blinded by that, it should have been 6-2

Last edited:
Reactions: Loach

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
They show him the last two games at the ctc. But the guys at RDS said he work for St-Louis , didn’t know that
I suspect any former head coach who is working in a lower level position for another team could/might have an "out" clause in his contract if he were offered a head coaching position with another NHL team.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
I suspect any former head coach who is working in a lower level position for another team could/might have an "out" clause in his contract if he were offered a head coaching position with another NHL team.
Yeah probably

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad