D Haoxi (Simon) Wang - King Rebellion, OJHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria

Towering defenseman that played last season in the OJHL last year, after committing to BU. He's listed at 6'2" on EP, but he's closer to 6'5".

Not sure what kind of role he's going to be playing at BU this year, but just playing in the NCAA as a 17 year old is uncommon.

EDIT: He's in the OJHL for the 2024-25 season with King Rebellion, and as others said, is slated to play for BU in the 2025-26 season.

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Are we sure he's arriving this fall? BU is formally announcing their 7-man freshman class this week, one player per day. EP is woefully unreliable when projecting class. They just stick guys haphazardly in their rosters.

So far we know: Boumedienne, Hutson, Bednarik, Eiserman

EP also lists the following as fall in-coming freshman but clearly not all of them are:

- Roukounakis (he has to be one as an '03)
- Pridham
- Svoboda
- Cal Hughes
- Zetterberg
- Wang

Only 2 of those last 5 are actually arriving this fall and at 17 and with by far the least experience, it seems way more likely he is bound for Lincoln in the USHL, who just drafted him this summer. Or another year in Ontario. At the minimum. Maybe/probably more than one year.

Unless I missed an official announcement.

macbowes

Aug 1, 2022
Victoria
Are we sure he's arriving this fall? BU is formally announcing their 7-man freshman class this week, one player per day. EP is woefully unreliable when projecting class. They just stick guys haphazardly in their rosters.

So far we know: Boumedienne, Hutson, Bednarik, Eiserman

EP also lists the following as fall in-coming freshman but clearly not all of them are:

- Roukounakis (he has to be one as an '03)
- Pridham
- Svoboda
- Cal Hughes
- Zetterberg
- Wang

Only 2 of those last 5 are actually arriving this fall and at 17 and with by far the least experience, it seems way more likely he is bound for Lincoln in the USHL, who just drafted him this summer. Or another year in Ontario. At the minimum. Maybe/probably more than one year.

Unless I missed an official announcement.
Hmm, it would make some sense that he's not actually playing for them this upcoming season, according to this blog he committed for the 2026 season.

I'll update the thread title once I confirm where he's playing next season.

Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Heisenberg who is way more reliable has him as a 2026 or 2027 arrival which is way more sensible for a guy who is so young with such a limited record committing to a powerhouse like BU.

I suspect at minimum one year OJHL followed by one or two in the USHL if he develops well. He needs a lot more seasoning. But, fun name to follow!

Rogie21

Sep 10, 2005
Wang is slotted for BU's 2026 class.
Sascha Boumedienne and Cole Hutson are current freshmen Ds. Charlie Trethewey and Aidan Souligny arrive in 2025. Carter Amico is 2025 or 2026. Luke Schairer and Wang are 2026.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad