D Andrew Gibson - Soo Greyhounds, OHL (2023, 42nd, DET, traded to NSH)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s | Rest Easy #13
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Big strong defender that plays for the Soo Greyhounds in the OHL. At 6’3” Gibson is a very strong skater that is able to use his excellent footwork to keep a strong gap with the opposition. Gibson also has a cannon of a slap shot from the point and will give defenders second thoughts about blocking his shot. Should be in for a good year.

OHL Rights: Soo Greyhounds
OHL Draft: Soo Greyhounds (R4, 2021, #67 Overall)

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
If he had played the whole year, people would’ve talked about him much more.

sting101

Feb 8, 2012
Great pick by the Wings. I love this kids potential.

First saw him watching one of my teams picks from '22 and began to follow for the draft. The more i saw the more i couldn't believe how low he was ranked. The Soo were a mess so it was hard to gauge but you could see the raw makings of a big NHL RD.

Once he played in the U18s and settled some questions about playing games that matter in a higher level i had him ranked in the 1st round. I thought he was the best D on Canada by the time things wrapped up when he started by platooning as a 6/7.

Last edited:
Reactions: LewisIggy

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
Had this kid 28th oa on my draft board. Really solid two-way defender. Although as a hawks fan, I hope he busts

Reactions: LewisIggy

RedHawkDown

still trying to trust the yzerplan
Aug 26, 2011
Canada
He's gonna be the next Shea Weber/Ryan Suter/Mattias Ekholm/Roman Josi stud defenseman out of Nashville. Their defensive amateur and pro scouting is unmatched. If Nashville thinks your defenseman is worth acquiring...you probably shouldn't trade him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad