Czechs in North America

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
CBJ 8 goals scored and Jiricek nothing ... Blumel probably havent got a single point whole preseason. Kulich is even playing? Not looking very promising sadly.

At least Vrana is looking like he has a chance to make it with Caps, we will see.

But I can already see it lol. No one from AHL will move to NHL this season, and we are down to 13-14 men lol, terrible.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
CBJ 8 goals scored and Jiricek nothing ... Blumel probably havent got a single point whole preseason. Kulich is even playing? Not looking very promising sadly.

At least Vrana is looking like he has a chance to make it with Caps, we will see.

But I can already see it lol. No one from AHL will move to NHL this season, and we are down to 13-14 men lol, terrible.
You forgot Nosek and Chytil got hurt too.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

And it does seem like Vrana is garnering some positive attention and looking like he may make it! That would be a tremendous bonus as I still think he can score 30 goals in the NHL if he can not self implode!

In other 'good' news.. I think we stole another Slovak prospect.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
And it does seem like Vrana is garnering some positive attention and looking like he may make it! That would be a tremendous bonus as I still think he can score 30 goals in the NHL if he can not self implode!

In other 'good' news.. I think we stole another Slovak prospect.
Who did we steal ?

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Reactions: martygod12

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Interesting guy, good news.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
CBJ 6 goals scored, Jiricek again nothing. Worst rating amongst CBJ Ds :( Kulich didnt play in that Euro game. Idk guys, starting to get worried about those two tbh. They are both high picks especially Jiricek, both playing great in AHL, I really think they should have more impact in those preseason games by now and be on the verge of having a full NHL season. Eg. they should be good enough for NHL already, if they are not, something can be really wrong there sadly.

On the bright side Klapka and Sale with a goal. Sale will 100% go down, but I hope its AHL and not CHL anymore. Nice that he got some at least.

What do you think? Can Klapka earn a spot on the final lineup for the opening of the season?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
What do you think? Can Klapka earn a spot on the final lineup for the opening of the season?

He should have a very good chance.

Kadri, Backlund, Sharangovich, Huberdeau, Coleman, Mantha, Kuzmenko, Zary, Pospisil and Lomberg should be the only locks to make the Flames forward group. That leaves three or four spots up for grabs, depending if the team will roll with 13 or 14 forwards.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The Czech hockey fan's hope is already beginning to turn into despair. And it's starting to look a bit like a theatrical farce.
We are bringing it up a level though. From not producing top prospects and not having enough NHL regulars, we have improved to producing top prospects and then not being able to turn them into the NHL regulars lol.

Not sure which is worse

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
We are all here hoping and acting like its all good, but every single of our guys (and I am sure this can apply for majority of other euro prospects too) who made it full time in the NHL in last 15 years, played a full NHL season the third year after the draft. Only one exception is Faksa.

I really think those are not just some random data, if you are a top prospect and you do have what it takes to be in the NHL full time, by the third year after the draft you should be ready for NHL already. If Jiricek and Kulich are not by now, that can seriously be considered bordeline flops, and something is not right here.

I am trying to remain optimistic, but I am seriously getting worried guys.

Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Dman Holub is off to a nice start in OHL.

Klapka scored and Sale scored!!!! I keep hoping AHL for him.

That's about all the good news. Expect more and more guys to be heading to AHL or CHL soon.lol

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
We are all here hoping and acting like its all good, but every single of our guys (and I am sure this can apply for majority of other euro prospects too) who made it full time in the NHL in last 15 years, played a full NHL season the third year after the draft. Only one exception is Faksa.

I really think those are not just some random data, if you are a top prospect and you do have what it takes to be in the NHL full time, by the third year after the draft you should be ready for NHL already. If Jiricek and Kulich are not by now, that can seriously be considered bordeline flops, and something is not right here.

I am trying to remain optimistic, but I am seriously getting worried guys.
Those 2 should both be in NHL this season.. if not, time to worry a bit.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Those 2 should both be in NHL this season.. if not, time to worry a bit.
Jiricek will probably start in NHL, but if he continues playing like he does in pre season right now, he will be back in the AHL very soon.

Kulich idk what the tactics is here. Either its good news and he didnt played that Euro game, to avoid some unnecessary injury and they count with him for the opening in Prague. Or bad news that he is so far from the lineup that he didnt even played the Euro game, will just travel to Prague with the guys as mascot and after that bye bye to AHL again lol.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Czechboy

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Some nice things.. Felcman is doing really well in Switzerland NLA. He has asmany points as kubalik. Zadina is off to a very good start!

NHL bust korenar has really found his groove.

EHT is looking strong for us this year!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad