GDT: CZE - FIN May 10, 2024

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
I guess deserved for that first two periods + that regular goal wrongly dissalowed.

But I am still by no means convinced about the strenght of this team lol

Reactions: Summer Rose

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Finnish penalties so bad. Pulju with the best try lol.

Well deserved win, congrats! God I dislike Gudas. Such a rat. We' ll win the next one if we meet again.

Sweden do look like they will win in Czechia once again though. Big favorites for me.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Imagine having the goalies from the 2nd and 3rd worst teams in the NHL, and could have been the worst if Vanacek wasn't injured.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Finnish penalties so bad. Pulju with the best try lol.

Well deserved win, congrats! God I dislike Gudas. Such a rat. We' ll win the next one if we meet again.

Sweden do look like they will win in Czechia once again though. Big favorites for me.
I would not put that much weight into it yet. US and Canada are known for getting much better with every game.

Lambo

Jan 10, 2019
Deserved victory for the Czechs. Finland overall totally harmless. Not even being able to convert a penalty. This strange approach from Kaski and Pulju, Kapanen??? The Czechs did it right. Approached courageously. The QF are so diffcult to reach for Finland.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
A good game, we usually start slowly and clumsily but this was a good effort. The Czechs deserved the win, and such a weird decision about that obviously good goal.

llwyd

Feb 22, 2006
Helsinki
Deserved victory for the Czechs. Finland overall totally harmless. Not even being able to convert a penalty. This strange approach from Kaski and Pulju, Kapanen??? The Czechs did it right. Approached courageously. The QF are so diffcult to reach for Finland.
You are a Finn, right? Totally harmless? - if we were totally harmless it would have been like 8-0. God these takes.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Nice game Finland.. I thought for sure you'd put us away.

Was that Krejcik in the shootout and Flek in 3 on 3?

Dostal was player of the match.

Hopefully we build on this and beat Norway tomorrow with Mrazek in net. I expect a similar look - 1 goal victory, lots of shots, no goals.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Good game, terrible finishing. But very inportant extra point. Now give us Necas, Pasta, Zacha and this team can maybe actually even achieve something lol.

D is still weak. Solid in the back, but in the front there is close to nothing. Especially those shots from the blue are completely harmless.

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
I would not put that much weight into it yet. US and Canada are known for getting much better with every game.
I do know this and I think the US have the second best roster after Sweden. Thing is, you can twist and turn your comment as well. When did US win the Skoda? ;)
No, i stand behind my predictions. Sweden are a slight favorite before NA teams. Then it's pretty much a lottery between Germany, Slovakia, Czechs, Finland and the Swiss. Perhaps with the Czechs being a bit more fired up with the home crowd. They seemed to answer well to the noice and pressure in this one. Dostal could also be a difference maker. And the fact you have some speedy forwards.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I do know this and I think the US have the second best roster after Sweden. Thing is, you can twist and turn your comment as well. When did US win the Skoda? ;)
No, i stand behind my predictions. Sweden are a slight favorite before NA teams. Then it's pretty much a lottery between Germany, Slovakia, Czechs, Finland and the Swiss. Perhaps with the Czechs being a bit more fired up with the home crowd. They seemed to answer well to the noice and pressure in this one. Dostal could also be a difference maker. And the fact you have some speedy forwards.
Our only edge is 3 good NHL goalies. We had the potential for a good D but picked the wrong guys. Forwards were never going to be amazing but we did leave good ones behind and brought shittier ones. That's why you see Flek and Krejcik in 3 on 3 and taking shitty shootout shots.lol

BigBadBoar

Dec 20, 2017
Pardubice
Two hard working, experienced teams with great goalies and defensive systems = 1-0 SO.

I think the Czechs had the initiative for most of the game and deserved the extra point for their activity. The game had a good pace overall. Both teams (obviously) need to improve finishing. At the same time both goalies delivered a terrific performance today and made scoring extremely difficult for skaters.

Czechboy

Ceší do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Oh, shit, agree about Sweden. That blue line is ridiculous! I am cheering a bit for the States though tbh.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The QF are so diffcult to reach for Finland.
No need to get this dramatic. This was a pretty typical tournament opener overall. Finland will improve and rack up the necessary points.

Getting a favorable matchup in the QF might be a tad more difficult, though. The game vs. Canada will be key in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad