Proposal: Curtis Glencross to MTL

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MonahanTheMan

Pray for Flames
Jul 10, 2013
Bellingham, WA
Not to mention... look who started this thread (it wasn't a Flames fan).

3uzs3f.jpg

Hand of Gaudreau

Gaudreaubey Baker
Jul 14, 2008
Edmonton
That's not the impression I've been getting. From all I've understood, he's not well known outside Calgary. You at least don't hear nearly as much about him as you do about Cammalleri. I think Jay was just asking too much for Cammalleri (probably a top-15 pick in the deepest draft since '03). If he scaled down to just a first-round pick, you bet your sweet ass teams would've bitten.

Feaster literally had zero offers from teams for Cammo, not just no offers in the top 15, teams were not willing to give up any assets for him, he holds negative value because of his contract.

Feaster met with the media this morning in New Jersey to discuss the team and the topic of what Cammalleri’s future in Calgary is came up. He says there’s not much trade interest in the veteran forward, but encourages GMs to pick up the phone if they’re curious.

“My number is in the directory,†Feaster said. “Give me a call.â€

HighLifeMan

#SnowyStrong
Feb 26, 2009
Feaster literally had zero offers from teams for Cammo, not just no offers in the top 15, teams were not willing to give up any assets for him, he holds negative value because of his contract.

I don't believe that to be true at all considering his deals expires at the end of the season. Teams had their own budgetary concerns to deal with over the summer, and there was also the added factor of free agency looming as this quote was made.

He may have garnered very little attention a month ago, but that will certainly change as the deadline approaches.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
You have a guy who signed an exceptionally below market deal to stay in Calagry where he has many ties and other interests.

Forget about what you'd have to bring to Calgary with respect to trade value, consider first what you'd have to do to convince him to go to Montreal.

When he's in his last year of his contract, perhaps a team trading for him can offer him an above market deal to convince him, because right now, Montreal seems about the last place he'd want to be.

slappipappi

Jul 22, 2010
I don't believe that to be true at all considering his deals expires at the end of the season. Teams had their own budgetary concerns to deal with over the summer, and there was also the added factor of free agency looming as this quote was made.

He may have garnered very little attention a month ago, but that will certainly change as the deadline approaches.

Big difference saying someone has negative trade value today, and at the deadline.

Cammy needs to be moved at the deadline, he has little to no value now. But as you say, that will change if he is producing.

Savoie92

Jul 5, 2012
Regina
All right, cool, guess you'd be happier getting Josh Gorges for Glencross. Or is Diaz better after all?

I'm trying to come up with a realistic trade proposal here. Diaz is coming off a much-improved season, has playoff experience, and did extremely well in Switzerland. Glencross is an unknown depth player on one of the worst teams in the NHL and has not been competent anywhere outside Calgary. I even threw in a prospect to make the deal fairer. Oh, yeah, Calgary's getting robbed on this one.

And yes, Eller is about equivalent value to Glencross. The thing is, we don't need another centre. We need a stronger defense. If you can find a defenseman you'd be happier with that Montreal would actually be willing to trade, go for it. Diaz is the best that Montreal would probably be willing to give up for a player like Glencross.

he only played 1 season before being a flame ( 25pts in 62 games with the blue jackets and oilers) (sidenote he also played 9 games the year before with the ducks/blue jackets) so he may not have been the most successful with the other teams but you blew it way out of proportion

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Huh, interesting. Yeah, you're right, I'm a bit out of the loop, this is really the only board I frequent. If other teams are talking about Glencross, that's great. I'd always gotten the impression he was ignored by most other teams.

GMs know who Curtis Glencross is. If they didn't, they wouldn't be doing their jobs.

Remember that Brenden Morrow returned a top prospect - Morrow who can hardly skate anymore, is no longer a scoring threat, and is strictly a 3rd-/4th-line forward. Tyler Kennedy, who isn't anywhere close to the player that Glencross is, netted a 2nd-round pick. Ryane Clowe fetched 3 draft picks, including 2 2nd-round selections.

Glencross is a 2nd-line winger with a great contract and plays an all-around game. Contending teams would pay a premium for him given his low salary cap hit and you win Stanley Cups with such players.

Glencross is a similar player to Dustin Brown with comparable production the past 3 years. Brown has a bit more offensive ability and makes more hits, but Brown doesn't kill penalties. Brown, though, just received a mammoth contract. Would you rather have Brown at $5.875M or Glencross at $2.5M? The answer is pretty easy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Glencross is a similar player to Dustin Brown with comparable production the past 3 years. Brown has a bit more offensive ability and makes more hits, but Brown doesn't kill penalties. Brown, though, just received a mammoth contract. Would you rather have Brown at $5.875M or Glencross at $2.5M? The answer is pretty easy.

Not a major point, but Dustin Brown does kill penalties and scores a lot of SHG (or seems to whenever I'm watching).

Kulleroinen*

Hi. Sorry to stop by and borrow a thread.

I was just thinking that the Oilers could use Glencross and as far as I know, we are the only team he might waive to.

Is there any reasonable deal to be made? You know, the kind of deal which helps both teams. I am not looking for a pissing contest here, so if you feel like there is no reasonable deal to be made, just say it. :P

edit:

For a person who does not know much about your prospects, it kind of seems that you might be a bit short on D-prospects and we have quite few of them. Could some of them(Musil,Marincing,Gernat?) be a starting point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg

I was just thinking that the Oilers could use Glencross and as far as I know, we are the only team he might waive to.

Is there any reasonable deal to be made? You know, the kind of deal which helps both teams. I am not looking for a pissing contest here, so if you feel like there is no reasonable deal to be made, just say it. :P

edit:

For a person who does not know much about your prospects, it kind of seems that you might be a bit short on D-prospects and we have quite few of them. Could some of them(Musil,Marincing,Gernat?) be a starting point?

As it's been said for a while now, it would take an overpayment to pull Glencross from Calgary. I'd want either Nurse of Klefbom.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

edit:

No, the deal would need to be unreasonable.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012

edit:

There could be a deal made, however, when you move someone like Glencross, especially to a rival team; you will want an over-payment. He's the type of guy that'll make you pay physically and on the score-sheet.

Yeah, for his type of player, on one of the best contracts in the league; you'd want to start with someone like Musil and keep going.

Aug 3, 2010
There's already a thread on the main trade boards and basically it came down to Edmonton's first round pick in 2014 and Musil or Lander. I'd prefer Lander.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
What about Klefbom and a 2nd/3rd round draft pick? Or Klefbom straight up? You Oilers fans seem really keen on him.

Kulleroinen*

There could be a deal made, however, when you move someone like Glencross, especially to a rival team; you will want an over-payment. He's the type of guy that'll make you pay physically and on the score-sheet.

Yeah, for his type of player, on one of the best contracts in the league; you'd want to start with someone like Musil and keep going.

I do get the idea of not willing to sell to rival teams. I just felt that maybe since you are going (at least it seems to me so) for a rebuild. I'm saying this with absolutely no offensive intent, but I think we aren't really competing for couple of seasons. That is if your rebuild will take a while like they usually do.

Glencross is contracted to 14-15 and in my humble opinion, he would not be hurting you that much by the end of his contract because of your rebuild. After that, he is free to sign where ever he wants (in Alberta).

He would help us right now and possibly not so much when your rebuild is done. IF there would be a trade, those prospects/picks coming back would help you when you are ready to compete again.

Of course Musil(or Gernat/Marincin) would be the starting point. Question is how much needs to be added?

To other posters:

I really doubt that Klefbom will be traded, he plays a big part in our future plans. If he and possibly Nurse is all you could consider, I understand and stop bothering you with my ramblings. I just feel that those guys are too important for our future to trade for immediate help.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
If you think Eller (or Eller+:help:) is equal value to Glencross, I don't want to see Glencross in Montreal.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
Ah an Western Conference fan not watching Eastern Conference games; how surprising.

That was easy

Ah, I live in Pennsylvania. So, I watch all Flames games and I watch Eastern Conference games.

Nice try.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
But really, I didn't want to start a pissing match. Eller just have more value then Glencross. He's younger, produces at the same level even though he plays on the 3rd line, he's really good defensively, and he just gets better year after year. No way any Habs fan would agree to only get Glencross for him.

Northern Neighbour

Feb 27, 2008
somewhere south of the equator
Eller hasn't matched Glencross' production - not yet anyway. He was off to a good season last year, but let's see him do it for an entire year and afterwards. He's a good player, but I wouldn't say he has more value than Glencross. At best, their values are equal, but a case could be made for Glencross having more value given his all-around game (physicality, leadership, two-way style, etc.).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
HF, a place where intangibles means nothing; and hockeydb means everything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad