Tribute Crow - My Favorite Bird ... & Goalie

WeAreSoPucked

Jan 15, 2021
Watching this year's "real season" - first one in many years, recent ones, always been when the Hawks' season ends so did my watching anymore hockey; my expectations so high pretty much Cup or nothing; & just too painful watch other clubs continue towards glory.

Viewing post (Hawks') season games again tho, has stood out to me how goalies, "stepping up" in tense situations the deciding factor in most if not every, series so far these playoffs.

Two examples ...
Canes short end of a 2-1 series, head down to TBL game 4, fall behind on Tampa ice, then battle back to go up 2, only to have Mrazek NOT lock things down. Bolts score two quick answers & with them, seemed pretty much "broke" Carolina. Hurricanes lost the game & eliminated the next one, on home ice too. A contest they never really even seemed "in" to begin with & when the Bolts scored first, seemed an insurmountable lead.

Mrazek's "fail" seemed to spread from his crease to inside his whole club's heads.

Then last night. must win game, Avs score quick only to have Grubauer give up one of the most brutal, "answer" goals I've ever seen. Right then & there, barely 4 minutes into the 1st period, I lost confidence in the guy & kinda seemed the club in front of him did, too.

Point my off season HFawks post here, Corey Crewford *did* get the job done and not just once. Two Stanley Cup winning wins in net and we can all remember - I do trust - just how pressure packed were those contests.

Far be it from me tho knock any goalies' who the pressure did get to - I can't even imagine the temperature in that kitchen, talk about being under a microscope, pardon my mixed metaphors please - that only makes me admire more, the ones who could stand the heat & not wilt before the intense glare of the fans in the stands & the countless more watching on TV / smart phone / laptop screens.

Crow did just that.
To Corey "Crow" Crawford! - a champ and thank you buddy for locking down those two Cup hoisting celebrations.

To this day & I believe forevermore, the image of Crow flinging away his mask after the final horn game 6 in the Madhouse as beautiful - AND emotional yeah my eyelids a little watery in the moment, there I said it! - the most glorious one in sports I'll ever see.
Love hockey.
GoHawks.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad