Crosby or Malkin

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Malkin has more natural talent. Crosby is the better player because he's more consistent.

In other words Malkin's ceiling is higher, but his floor is lower, even if both floors are way above the average star player.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Crosby. Doesn't have Geno's silky hands or one-timer, but he manages the puck more responsibly, is a reliable defensive player, and a much better face-off man.

Love 'em both to death though. I want Sid and Geno to retire here.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
Malkin has more natural talent. Crosby is the better player because he's more consistent.

In other words Malkin's ceiling is higher, but his floor is lower, even if both floors are way above the average star player.

This.

I did an analysis a while ago on Ovechkin, Malkin and Crosby. I took every 82-game stretch over the careers, and looked at highs and lows for points.

Crosby high/low: 137/98
Malkin high/low: 127/80
Ovechkin high/low: 134/72

So while they have similar highs, you rarely see a sustained low from Crosby. He's just unbelievably consistent at generating goals.

(Not updated since Jan 2012)

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
Crosby.

Malkin's bigger, fancier and stronger with more weapons, but Crosby's got one unique trick that's more valuable than all of that--he processes the game faster than any player I've ever seen.

Faster, not better. Not saying he's got a better hockey brain than, for instance, Wayne, because he doesn't.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Crosby doesn't get enough credit for how unique his game is. Think about it. How many other NHL goal scoring leaders play the full 200' of the ice like he does? Its not Mario, Gretz, Bossy or Guy. Even good two way guys like Iggy or Howe don't cover the full ice because they're wingers or good two way centers stats are assist heavy.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
Short answer: Crosby.

Long answer: Crosby is better.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Apples/Oranges. I like that both are on my team. I also think they are the 2 best players in the NHL. Next in line would be Stammer.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Crosby - More well rounded.
Malkin - Has more talent.

Both are #1 and #2 in terms of best in the game, you can't go wrong with either player.

Both love being on this team and don't have any siblings playing anywhere in the NHL that they eventually want to reunite with, so really, why do we need to do this every month or so?

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Short answer: Malkin.

Long answer: Malkin's highs are higher than Crosby's and resulted in SC.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

What's SC mean? Because if it means what I think it means (Stanley Cup) not sure how your answer is that. People seem to forget just how good Crosby was during those playoffs.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Crosby. I love Malkin as well, but Crosby has the rare ability to do more with less.

Wouldn't say Malkin is incapable of doing more with less though. Remember, he had Fedotenko and Talbot on his line during the 2009 playoffs.

Overall though, I'd say Crosby is better. Has all the skills of a superstar center, but also is very defensively responsible and will go to the dirty areas and grind if he has to.

bambamcam4ever

107 and counting
Feb 16, 2012

Yeah, don't know about that. He is more exciting player to watch and can go through the defense more easily because of his longer reach, but Crosby has much better vision and is simply the more effective player. Malkin's best was last year where he played with Neal and Kunitz and was on pace to score 119 while Crosby was on a 133 point pace and rising while on a line with Kunitz and Dupuis.

od71

Apr 8, 2012
Yeah, don't know about that. He is more exciting player to watch and can go through the defense more easily because of his longer reach, but Crosby has much better vision and is simply the more effective player. Malkin's best was last year where he played with Neal and Kunitz and was on pace to score 119 while Crosby was on a 133 point pace and rising while on a line with Kunitz and Dupuis.

Malkin was better in 2009 when he won scoring race both in regular season and PO playing with Fedotenko and Talbot.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I am trying to decide if I prefer brunettes

images

or Blondes

images

Can you all help me to decide? Or can I keep both?

Human

cynic
Jan 22, 2011
Bandwagon
getting to choose between two perfect ****.

no seriously, it's great not having to choose one or the other since both are on my team.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I am trying to decide if I prefer brunettes

images

or Blondes

images

Can you all help me to decide? Or can I keep both?

If the choice is only between these two pictures I'd take the brunette first. I wouldn't mind the blonde one coming along, but she might have to accept second fiddle in this case. :naughty:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad