Crosby on Edge

Wrath

Jan 13, 2012
This is why Crosby is one of the best skaters in the league despite not being the fastest, most explosive, etc..

The edge work + strength on skates (ala Forsberg or Jagr) goes a long way even if it's not as flashy as McDavid, MacKinnon, Ovechkin, etc..

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I was watching a video which explained how the elite players never turn their back to the play. They showed an example of Kane using lateral movement and Crosby using his tomahawk turn to illustrate this notion. Indeed, Crosby is able to make plays at any instant by rotating his hip to face the play while protecting the puck. In the video, the goal against TB shows just that.

Impressive stuff

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
When it comes to edgework, both Subban and Crosby are best at their respective positions.

Mathew Barzal

Walk It Like I Tocchet
Jun 5, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Crosby is absolutely incredible.

On a sidenote, Shinkaruk's edgework is one of the reasons I was so excited to have him as a Canuck. I hope he pans out just to see him perform at the NHL level.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
I was watching a video which explained how the elite players never turn their back to the play. They showed an example of Kane using lateral movement and Crosby using his tomahawk turn to illustrate this notion. Indeed, Crosby is able to make plays at any instant by rotating his hip to face the play while protecting the puck. In the video, the goal against TB shows just that.

Impressive stuff

Joe Thornton spends a lot of time with his back to the play and is the best playmaker of the last 15 years

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $400.00