Crosby and his future with the Penguins

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Hi guys, I would like to have your opinion regarding Crosby and his situation with the penguins.
Past thursday (I think), the Pens were in Montreal and the commentators of the Habs (Martin McGuire & Dany Dube) were speculated that Crosby shows signs of disinterest. They scrutinize his body language and they have concluded that he is not happy, and they thought he was lazy too (and that would explain his lack of production).
What that were saying too is that with the possible departure of Mario Lemieux, Crosby would have no real interest to continue his career with Pittsburgh. According to them, Crosby is very close to Lemieux.
And another reason of Crosby passionless play, is that Crosby have no "good chemistry" with the management in place (Rutherford/Johnston).

So what do you guys think? I know it's just speculation, but is it possible that a change of scenery is what Crosby wish?

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
if it is the case then Crosby isn't helping Mario by lowering his trade value. As for the quitting you described, i did listen to that game's description & vividly remember Dubé saying Malkin looked at Crosby after Sid didn't pass him the puck while he was wide open.

Malkin actually shook his head in frustration.

Terrapin

Mar 6, 2007
Wouldn't surprise me at all. I also wonder how he felt about Bylsma being fired.

Til the End of Time

May 18, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Visit site
it seems obvious to me that it's in sids best interest to get out of pittsburgh. this team has been a sinking ship for years except sid/geno were previously great enough to mask it.

hopefully sid gets selfish and asks to get away from this organization.

honestly it might even be in the best interest of both parties to part ways. this organization is nowhere near a contender, has huge holes, and some of the worst youth talent in the league. this team needs to rebuild whether people want to admit it or not.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Its a tough situation to read.

It honestly wouldnt shock me to hear that Sid wanted off the Pens. With the way the team has been handled over the last few years, I would want off it too.

Having said that, lets assume he wants out. Fine. There are better ways to go about it than to simply be disinterested and play like a hot turd. Simply go ask Mario to have GMJR arrange a trade. If he is as close to Mario as we are led to believe, talk to him man to man. But dont play like crap to force someone into a corner.

Again, I was merely speaking hypothetically.

At the end of the day, Sid will only leave if he asks to go. The Pens will never openly trade him unless he asks for it.

Call me betty*

Sheary Baggins
Nov 8, 2015
if this is the Crosby we get for the rest of his career, disinterested n passionless. We better trade him before his value dips even lower. but first we need to get rid of this embarrassing coaching staff and see if helps Sid's game.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
if it is the case then Crosby isn't helping Mario by lowering his trade value. As for the quitting you described, i did listen to that game's description & vividly remember Dubé saying Malkin looked at Crosby after Sid didn't pass him the puck while he was wide open.

Malkin actually shook his head in frustration.
That's a good point, but when the heart's not there any more...

xxxx

Sep 20, 2012
I just wish him the best and hope he will find that greatness in him again :)

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
This is adversity. He's way too talented and way too young to give up on. Zetterberg is thriving again at 35. Jagr's still going strong at 43.

Crosby will be back with a vengeance. But not under Johnston.

MrWilson*

His contract is a joke IMO. Too much for too long for damaged goods. Nowhere in the league is it more clearly demonstrated that 'stars' can become chumps than in Pittsburgh. Guy never, NEVER drives the net like he used to. Hasn't for a long time. Guess what?? Teams in this league know that.

He's over-paid.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
As much as fans complain about and criticize moves GMs make, each day I am a little more thankful that fans don't actually make decisions.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Regardless of any issues Crosby may or may not have, I think the OP needs to learn to take anything from the Canadian national media with a huge grain of salt.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Regardless of any issues Crosby may or may not have, I think the OP needs to learn to take anything from the Canadian national media with a huge grain of salt.
What this comment has to do with it? I made it clear that this is speculation in the first post.

And on the other hand, one must be blind not to see that Crosby is not himself since the beginning of the season. I don't see here "strange" comments from Canadian media that we have to take "with a huge grain of salt".

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
This organization will dismantle the entire team before they give up Sid. If Sides is on the block...we are in dark times as there is nothing else on the roster of value.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Retires a Penguin. End of story.

You're probably right but you shouldn't look at it like an absolute. Nobody is above being traded if a situation gets bad enough. Hell, Wayne Gretzky was traded when nobody on his team or in his town wanted him gone. THAT is the end of the story.

Crosby has flaws and his presence may or may not be part of the problem inside the organization (e.g. if he has too much sway over coaching or personnel matters because the owners allow him too, or if he is casting blame out of frustration or something like that — who knows but the point is he may well be part of the "big picture problem").

For my part I've always felt, once he was comfortable enough with English / had been here a while, that Geno elevates his game to another level when given the reigns and that he'd probably be a better "leader" than Crosby is, a better motivator of his teammates in some situations. We'll probably never know but FWIW I wouldn't have a problem with it if this disappearing act continues over the course of the entire season for Sid, and/or carries into the playoffs. If the guy is unhappy (again who knows) we're not doing ourselves or him any favors by keeping him around.

Sucks to think about and it's a shame we have to even entertain the idea, but his play this year and parts of last year have been "that bad". We all know he has another level but he doesn't seem interested in finding it any longer.

FDR

Apr 27, 2015
First thing he needs to do is stop being passive aggressive and speak up if he thinks it's not working in MJ's system. It's not worth continuing on the way we've been playing the last 30 games or so going back to last season.

I know the system has been great for MaF's career, but that could be accomplished with a lot less talent and salary. Crosby, Malkin, and Kessel are being wasted in this system.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
MOD NOTICE:

Keep the personal stuff out of the discussion. If you believe you have evidence someone is breaking forum rules, PM a mod. There's no open discussion about it because it doesn't solve anything and does derail the thread every time.

If someone is violating the rules and we can verify it, we'll take care of it.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Trading Sidney Crosby is madness unless he specifically asks for it. You try everything to get him going before you entertain that idea.

If he's still like this after firing MJ and making whatever retooling roster moves deemed necessary, then you consider it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad