“The Rebuild: Inside the Montreal Canadiens” docuseries discussion (premieres Sep 18/24 on Crave)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
People always get excited for this kind of series. But in the end the actual material is always leaving people on an empty stomach. Especially in a historically conservative organization like the Canadiens.

I remember 24CH was pretty darn boring after season 1. Not that I don't have a ton of respect for Pierre Gervais, but spending 30 minutes watching him and his staff do laundry for the players is not what I call entertaining.
I think it can be interesting seeing the behind the scenes stuff relating to the rebuild. People complained for years about the lack of transparency under MB, and now they complain about getting more behind the scenes material? Considering how deep some people on this board delve into things like the TR Lions and super fringe prospects , I’d say this upcoming series sounds very exciting in comparison! 😉

Reactions: dinodebino

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Making a series about a rebuild could backfire if the rebuild goes on for 3 more years lol.
Geoff’s braintrust:

« Just keep charging fans again and again for the same concept that they’ve already bought into.

To them, it’s a rebuild.

To our shareholders, it’s rebilled. »

pgsoi7g.gif

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Geoff’s braintrust:

« Just keep charging fans again and again for the same concept that they’ve already bought into.

To them, it’s a rebuild.

To our shareholders, it’s rebilled. »
I think its tacky to do a series about a rebuild unless you have a franchise that had some recent glory years that included cup wins and we don't have that lol. Behind-the-scenes looks at Joel Armia's family life, Jonathan Kovacevic gets a puppy and then segments where former greats like David Desharnais are asked for his take on the up-and-coming young habs.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Curious how much they'll show. 24CH quickly became stale.
But it did show (perhaps inadvertently) that Therrien was an incompetent hothead. I'm still shocked that upper management allowed that evisceration by Therrien on Subban to make the final cut. That scene is likely what will prevent Therrien from ever working again.

WTF is crave?
Yet another shitty subscription service. Wait for a free trial, watch the Habs doc, then cancel.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I think its tacky to do a series about a rebuild unless you have a franchise that had some recent glory years that included cup wins and we don't have that lol. Behind-the-scenes looks at Joel Armia's family life, Jonathan Kovacevic gets a puppy and then segments where former greats like David Desharnais are asked for his take on the up-and-coming young habs.
Not unless they make 90% of it about Chadkovsky doing Chadlike things. :sarcasm:

66f-1.jpg

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
People always get excited for this kind of series. But in the end the actual material is always leaving people on an empty stomach. Especially in a historically conservative organization like the Canadiens.

I remember 24CH was pretty darn boring after season 1. Not that I don't have a ton of respect for Pierre Gervais, but spending 30 minutes watching him and his staff do laundry for the players is not what I call entertaining.

These things are extremely sanitized because the last thing professional sports team want to thrive on or share is internal drama and it'll never get geeky enough because it wants a wide audience.

It just gets stuck between two chairs and it becomes shallow and boring.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

There will be some info shared, but mics off and cameras off as some of the real drama goes down, and people get that, but there will be some interesting back and forth about how things go down, and what goes into some of the decisions etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad