“The Rebuild: Inside the Montreal Canadiens” docuseries discussion (premieres Sep 18/24 on Crave)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
I am pumped for this. I really hope the NHL allows teams to produce more streaming content. I've said it before. Imagine an all Montreal Canadiens Streaming Channel?

With it, you get all Habs games, Laval games and Trois Riviere games.

You get exclusive access to all post game interviews. All management interviews. They develop their own podcast team that talks hockey.

They reach out and sign their own deals to stream some prospect games from other leagues.

Player bios episodes.

Behind the scenes segments like this crave show and the draft youtube show the Habs produced the last two years.

Historical games.

Charge $20 per month during the season.

If Habs make playoffs.....flex the price to $30 per month.

Offseason....$5 per month.

I'd pay that.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Interesting. Very interesting.

I'd like to challenge posters to find a past rebuild that had equal or close to the same draft power the Habs have had. 2017/2018 is where it started but got better in 2019+.

The amount of picks and the amount of top 100 picks since 2017 is almost historic. Go fact check it but it's going to take you more than 5 min's.

Will it work? Not sure, but if it does, this rebuild blueprint in terms of how many picks added will be copycatted by other teams in future years. Teams will look at the Leafs, Sens, Wings, Sabres, Devils, etc and see the differences. We are not just talking about 3 or 4 draft years of high draft power. It extends well beyond that. And we have more coming. It's likely going to be close to 10 years of very high draft power. That's impressive

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
The Reset/ Retool/ Rebuild on the fly method and other BS concocted by Geoff’s marketing puppets.
Would be interesting to how far the ticket price increases have come during such a period.......staggering profits for the Habs, all the while a very substandard product
Albeit last year was very encouraging from the current group. We are finally going in the right direction....

Cool. When’s the docu series about the Leafs rebuild airing? 😉
Leafs did one, called All Or Nothing..........................lost in the first round, to the....................Habs!! LOL

CDN24

Jun 17, 2009
Was the Leafs Amazon special a nothing burger or it was a good watch?
It was way more fun for a Habs fan to watch than a leafs fan. I liked it, or I should say liked it in the sense of how you can't not look at a car crash as it happens. The last episode that covered the Loss to the habs was interesting, it seemed like they only realized they might lose the series after the 2nd period of game 7. No wonder they didn't get much respect in the handshake line. Keefe came off poorly. Every 2nd word is some derivative of F$%&.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
People always get excited for this kind of series. But in the end the actual material is always leaving people on an empty stomach. Especially in a historically conservative organization like the Canadiens.

I remember 24CH was pretty darn boring after season 1. Not that I don't have a ton of respect for Pierre Gervais, but spending 30 minutes watching him and his staff do laundry for the players is not what I call entertaining.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
People always get excited for this kind of series. But in the end the actual material is always leaving people on an empty stomach. Especially in a historically conservative organization like the Canadiens.

I remember 24CH was pretty darn boring after season 1. Not that I don't have a ton of respect for Pierre Gervais, but spending 30 minutes watching him and his staff do laundry for the players is not what I call entertaining.

24CH did make an impression of sorts:

November 16th 2014, Carey Price's penis was shown on 24CH... Poor guy man I hope that editor for the show gets into so much trouble like don't they review the episode 100 times YOU HAD ONE JOB …

As for Pierre Gervais, it turned out that the Habs dressing room on 24CH was not the only place where he was willing to wash dirty laundry in public. :sarcasm:

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
*it all started 10 years ago*

Episode 1; Young Slafkovsky

1000002401.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad