Proposal: Coyotes - Leafs Blockbuster

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
With rumours about Toronto interested in Chychrun. I have come with the following proposal:

Arizona

Matthews
Kerfoot
Knies
1st

Leafs

Chychrun
Keller
Hayton

Matthews heads home two years sooner and the Leafs become an overall better team going forward

Matthews is worth more . Take the TML 1st out and keep adding .

Also if Matthews leave the Leafs he will be going to a contender in the USA . He will not jump ship for a bottom feeder .

Cotton

May 13, 2013
With rumours about Toronto interested in Chychrun. I have come with the following proposal:

Arizona

Matthews
Kerfoot
Knies
1st

Leafs

Chychrun
Keller
Hayton

Matthews heads home two years sooner and the Leafs become an overall better team going forward

Matthews isn’t trying to head home, he’s going to be locked up as soon as he’s able to be, so any proposal involving him is a no go - especially from the Coyotes as they don’t have the assets.

Cotton

May 13, 2013
Matthews is worth more . Take the TML 1st out and keep adding .

Also if Matthews leave the Leafs he will be going to a contender in the USA . He will not jump ship for a bottom feeder .

Ding, ding, ding.

It’s shocking how little the people who pine for him actually know about him , he’s not some shy wallflower who hates the bright lights and pressure of the big stage, he wants the big market stage. If, and it’s a giant if, he went to market and signed somewhere else expect it to be a market like New York, LA or even a Vegas. He would have zero interest in going from a team that was rebuilding when he joined, to making the playoffs annually, then downgrading with a supporting group that’s either inferior, or several years away from even competing. That’s if they could even afford him.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010

Arizona

Matthews
Kerfoot
Knies
1st

Leafs

Chychrun
Keller
Hayton

4A67F1F8-7DE6-43D2-AE36-D413588B5B6B.gif

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Looks pretty good

Matthews gets to get out of Toronto and home

and Toronto gets value on Matthews before he leaves them when his contract is up

win win for both sides

thusk

Jul 15, 2011
Chicoutimi
Do you really 5hinl matthews will want to play for maybe the worst team of the last decade and a team who will still a bad team for at least 3 or 4 seasons? And he will not sign with arizone when his contract will be over.

I know it is hometown but the 1st thing a hockey player want is stability and winning but he will not win anything in arizona.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
let me see if I can come up with a proposal I like with matthews going to Ari
Chychrun+Keller+Ari 1st+Soderstrom+Guenther is the massive overpayment I would need to feel good about trading Matthews to Ari

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

Arizona

Matthews
Kerfoot
Knies
1st

Leafs

Chychrun
Keller
Hayton

I think you're underestimating Matthews' value. From a neutral fan's view I think Arizona is better off waiting and seeing if Matthews hits the open market as a UFA, then piling money in front of him until he says "Okay".

I don't see the Leafs trading their franchise 1c and one of the top players in the NHL.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I think you're underestimating Matthews' value. From a neutral fan's view I think Arizona is better off waiting and seeing if Matthews hits the open market as a UFA, then piling money in front of him until he says "Okay".

I don't see the Leafs trading their franchise 1c and one of the top players in the NHL.

The Coyotes can't afford to pay their rent on time and are constantly late paying their players lol. By the time Matthews is FA they won't be in Arizona anymore.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018

Arizona

Matthews
Kerfoot
Knies
1st

Leafs

Chychrun
Keller
Hayton

I would argue the Leafs do not become an overall better team replacing Matthews with Hayton. Kerfoot is better than Hayton. Knies might be better than Hayton. Put some skates on the 1st rounder and who knows…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad