OT: Covid-19 (Part 46) Under Pressure

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It happened to me as well. It lasted about 10 days and went away. I had a talk with my doctor about it and it's not something to be really worried about. For almost all cases of this they are temporary with no.

I have no idea why a poster is telling you what you experienced was not physically real and was just anxiety. Again, this is a pretty well documented side effect of the vaccine, particularly in young males. Still extremely rare but when you are vaccinated hundreds of millions of people it comes up. It also beats the hell out of getting a serious case of covid.

Anxiety is physically real. It causes high heart rate, palpitations, chest pain, high blood pressure, body pains, and more.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Anxiety is physically real. It causes high heart rate, palpitations, chest pain, high blood pressure, body pains, and more.
What makes you think that's what he experienced, as opposed to the well documented temporary side effect of heart inflammation? In my experience I was fine after the first dose and experienced it after the second dose. That is line with what is most common. If it was anxiety wouldn't more people be reporting the side effect after the first dose?

I get that reporting on these side effects causes vaccine hesitancy that isn't good but I don't think people who experience these side effects should be discredited or silenced as a result.

danyhabsfan

Feb 12, 2007
Montreal
When will this end?

I always look at Israel and UK as they are the most vaccinated countries and their waves are always 2 months ahead of ours. They have a lot of cases and it doesn't seem to be going down.

Vaccine aren't that effective for preventing COVID.

Over 40 or 50 will need a booster shot in fall.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
It happened to me as well. It lasted about 10 days and went away. I had a talk with my doctor about it and it's not something to be really worried about. For almost all cases of this they are temporary with no.

I have no idea why a poster is telling you what you experienced was not physically real and was just anxiety. Again, this is a pretty well documented side effect of the vaccine, particularly in young males. Still extremely rare but when you are vaccinated hundreds of millions of people it comes up. It also beats the hell out of getting a serious case of covid.
With hundreds of millions of anything there will be discrepancies. They're a valid part of the data (... 0.0001% risk of...) but they don't invalidate the other 99.999%.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
When will this end?

I always look at Israel and UK as they are the most vaccinated countries and their waves are always 2 months ahead of ours. They have a lot of cases and it doesn't seem to be going down.

Vaccine aren't that effective for preventing COVID.

Over 40 or 50 will need a booster shot in fall.

Canada is more vaccinated than both of these countries.....so is Spain, in fact many country has passed them in the last month since there's more supplies available worldwide.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018

That’s what they do here. Nothing can be said about the vaccine unless it’s positive. It was 100% real and nothing to do with anxiety. Only lasted about 4-5 days. The swelling in my lymph node in my armpit started afterwards and it too seems to be completely gone now, but it was annoying, felt like it was in a knot and being pulled on.

Reactions: Sensmileletsgo

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
527 new cases today in Quebec

476 cases in people not fully vaccinated (population 2.7 millions)
51 cases in the fully vaccinated population (population 5.5 millions)

Only 14.1% left of the population above 12 years old who are yet to receive their first dose.

E9PiegfX0AErMYP

Crusher117

Feb 2, 2013
Montreal

476 cases in people not fully vaccinated (2.7 millions)
51 cases in the fully vaccinated population (5.5 millions)

E9PiegfX0AErMYP
Delta seems to track to be the dominant strain sometime next week. Wouldn't be surprised if we hit 1K cases by September. We hitting 500 cases with only 20K tests.

hersky77

Oct 29, 2007

476 cases in people not fully vaccinated (population 2.7 millions)
51 cases in the fully vaccinated population (population 5.5 millions)

Only 14.1% left of the population above 12 years old who are yet to receive their first dose.

E9PiegfX0AErMYP

If this doesn’t prove the vaccine is doing it’s job then I don’t know how else to convince people.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
What makes you think that's what he experienced, as opposed to the well documented temporary side effect of heart inflammation? In my experience I was fine after the first dose and experienced it after the second dose. That is line with what is most common. If it was anxiety wouldn't more people be reporting the side effect after the first dose?

I get that reporting on these side effects causes vaccine hesitancy that isn't good but I don't think people who experience these side effects should be discredited or silenced as a result.

For a number of reasons. First off, over the last 18 months this guy has been in these threads expressing doubt about the vaccine, saying he doesn't trust it, saying he has prior health conditions that make him nervous about getting it, and even bringing up the heart inflammation stuff in the past. He has consistently said he was not going to get the vaccine, that he was going to pass, that he was going to wait until he was more confident that it was safe. Now suddenly, he gets the vaccine and experiences the very thing he was worried about previously, this extremely rare side effect.

On top of that, heart inflammation is not really something you brush off, let alone go for a run with, like he said he did. If he really had heart inflammation he would know immediately once he started running, he'd be gassed and out of breath and have chest pains. And it doesn't go away in just a few days without treatment.

Nobody is saying he didn't experience something real. Anxiety is real, it causes literally all those same side effects and it's a real, physiological response. It is not in your head or made up.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Delta seems to track to be the dominant strain sometime next week. Wouldn't be surprised if we hit 1K cases by September. We hitting 500 cases with only 20K tests.

Officially yes, but it is already dominant in reality.

But right now. I'm stunned by our numbers. Since we have daily numbers of vaccination status the numbers are telling (it's still too early to draw big conclusions on it but still).

Cases of fully vaccinated people in the last 4 days:
August 17 - 52
August 18 - 66
August 19 - 61
August 20 - 51

It's not growing......it's actually declining over the last 4 days

Cases in people not fully vaccinated poeple in the last 4 days:
August 17 - 271
August 18 - 370
August 19 - 375
August 20 - 476

It's growing extremely fast.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
With hundreds of millions of anything there will be discrepancies. They're a valid part of the data (... 0.0001% risk of...) but they don't invalidate the other 99.999%.
There are risks and side effects with anything. My first shot knocked me out for a day. The second one did very little. It’s not the same for everyone.

And there are instances where it’s caused clotting and death. Those cases are very rare though and the risks are far outweighed by what the virus can do to you.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Officially yes, but it is already dominant in reality.

But right now. I'm stunned by our numbers. Since we have daily numbers of vaccination status the numbers are telling (it's still too early to draw big conclusions on it but still).

Cases of fully vaccinated people in the last 4 days:
August 17 - 52
August 18 - 66
August 19 - 61
August 20 - 51

It's not growing......it's actually declining over the last 4 days

Cases in people not fully vaccinated poeple in the last 4 days:
August 17 - 271
August 18 - 370
August 19 - 375
August 20 - 476

It's growing extremely fast.

On a basis of "per 100K", today, it's:
- 18.01 cases by 100K unvaccinated people.
- 7.86 cases by 100K partially vaccinated people.
- 0.96 cases by 100K fully vaccinated people.

It's not just correlation. Those stats are SCREAMING the whole story.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
If this doesn’t prove the vaccine is doing it’s job then I don’t know how else to convince people.
A good way to look at it is seatbelts.

Seatbelts aren’t 100 percent going to prevent you from having to go to the hospital but it will lower the numbers dramatically.

If you had 100 percent of the population wearing them you’d still have hospitalizations and deaths. That doesn’t mean they don’t work.

Moreover, you may get the odd case where a seatbelt actually contributes to or causes an injury.

Does that mean they don’t work? Does it mean that they’re dangerous? I mean, you could strangle yourself in the cords of a parachute but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t wear one if you’re jumping from a plane...

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

I can attest to this, I have horrible anxiety that causes pretty much all of those physical effects.

It’s borderline debilitating at times. It can make me highly irritable and irrational. Very hard to live with. :(

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I can attest to this, I have horrible anxiety that causes pretty much all of those physical effects.

It’s borderline debilitating at times. It can make me highly irritable and irrational. Very hard to live with. :(

Anxiety is tough, I have dealt with it too at certain points in my life. I am sure you have heard it all before but for me, the most effective way to handle it has always been mindfulness, deep breating and meditation. There are lots of apps to help with this, where you can listen to someone guide you through the mindfulness exercises, which helps to stay focused. Concentrate on the feeling of air going into your nose, the feeling of air entering your lungs, etc... It is truly amazing how well it works, like shockingly amazing. It clears your body of the adrenaline and stress hormones causing those physical symptoms, it's like a reset.

Reactions: dinodebino

MJG

Sep 18, 2007
Somewhere
Genuine question, and not sure if anyone will be able to answer this. We’re now at less than 20% of people who are unvaccinated. And my experience is that many of them are unvaccinated because they don’t really have much fear of catching covid, don’t think they’re at risk, don’t think it’s serious, some seem to not even believe it’s real, etc. But then why so many of them getting tested? Would they be bother to go get a test?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Genuine question, and not sure if anyone will be able to answer this. We’re now at less than 20% of people who are unvaccinated. And my experience is that many of them are unvaccinated because they don’t really have much fear of catching covid, don’t think they’re at risk, don’t think it’s serious, some seem to not even believe it’s real, etc. But then why so many of them getting tested? Would they be bother to go get a test?
Those sick enough to be hospitalized are tested automatically. For the rest... could be their work demands it or they're mindful of those around them.

But it's also true that some unvaccinated people who get sick won't get tested. They won't show up in the totals, naturally, which suggests cases are even more highly skewed towards unvaccinated.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Anxiety is tough, I have dealt with it too at certain points in my life. I am sure you have heard it all before but for me, the most effective way to handle it has always been mindfulness, deep breating and meditation. There are lots of apps to help with this, where you can listen to someone guide you through the mindfulness exercises, which helps to stay focused. Concentrate on the feeling of air going into your nose, the feeling of air entering your lungs, etc... It is truly amazing how well it works, like shockingly amazing. It clears your body of the adrenaline and stress hormones causing those physical symptoms, it's like a reset.

You know, I have been told that but it’s been a long time since I’ve used this technique. Almost like I forgot about it. Appreciate the reminder my friend!

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I just drink. Works great.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Many don't think it's serious but chnged their mind once they catch it too. But it's peer pressure mostly.
Work, Family, Friends, Tracing......and it's not entirely true that most of the 14.1% left to be vaccinated are all anti-vax or covid deniers. We still got around 8000-9000 a day getting their first dose.

Reactions: WinterLion and 1909
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad