OT: Covid-19 (Part 46) Under Pressure

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This is now the antivaxx movement started. A supposedly credible doctor claiming he had evidence that vaccines cause autism and it spread like wildfire. And still spreads today even though he was a proven fraud and admitted to making it all up.

Did he actually admit he made it up? My sister-in-law still believes this; I'd love to gently point her towards that info.

He never did AFAIK and he continues to spew his stuff in his "documentary" in 2016. He also sued a bunch of people for libel, but they all got dropped or withdrawn.

Reactions: Lshap

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Did he actually admit he made it up? My sister-in-law still believes this; I'd love to gently point her towards that info.

His research, yeah. He made it up.

Edit: I just double checked, it was not Wakefield who admitted it but several of the co-authors on the study who withdrew their support saying the findings were made up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lshap

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
A moment of gratitude amidst the arguments...

I'm sitting here in a breakfast restaurant. Last night I met my son for a drink at a bar. This week I met my buddy for dinner. In three weeks one of my bands is performing at the Strangers In The Night fundraising event. Life is pretty close to normal and mostly free of restrictions. I look down south and shake my head in sympathy, then breathe a sigh of relief I'm here.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Great read. Anyone who still wonders if there was an autism/vaccine link should read this. Surprisingly, Wakefield isn't even anti-vaccine. He supported single-dose vaccines (not coincidentally, one of which he tried to patent himself) and only targeted a multi-dose vaccine that he was paid by a law firm to condemn.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Opinions that are dangerous for the health of the public should not be left in the open. People tend to trust doctors and you don't want them to start chugging horse medicine because they saw a tweet with unproven (or even disproven) claims on the internet.
This is nonsense. Ppl aren’t chugging horse medicine over tweets. Opposing views, skepticism is what science is all about.

Reactions: Cypruss

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
The irony is how loud these 'silenced' experts are. There they are, on blogs, alt-publications, FB and Twitter, pumping out articles and videos about their supposed 'silencing', trying to use privately owned social media platforms to promote bullshit and pouting when the owners of those platforms say no.

Let's be clear about this. The only thing silencing these people is hard evidence that they're wrong. They, along with the anti-vaccination crowd, took a contrary stand and were proven wrong. But because they've dug in so deep, they can't admit it. The real debate is over, so they've swapped it out for a comic book with heroes and villains and make-believe conspiracies. The glorification of ignorance continues...
Lol yeah sure.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
This isn’t just in Quebec. Dr’s around the world are silenced for having views that contradict the official narrative. Not just with covid, but plenty of other diseases and ailments.

Whether these Dr’s end up being proven right is irrelevant, we should still listen to what they have to say in case they are right.
Doctor hypes Hydroxychloroquin.

“Let’s hear him out...”

It’s absolutely relevant if these people are wrong. If you advise people to take something that doesn’t work, then some people will go down that path.

la25ecoupe

Sep 23, 2008

Tens and tens of millions of people in the US have had the Pfizer vaccine for well over 4 months and there is zero evidence for a drop to 40%. It's the opposite, in fact.

Do Americans have magic powers?

For those asking for the source : Moderna may be superior to Pfizer against Delta; breakthrough odds rise with time

"The mRNA vaccine from Pfizer and BioNTech may be less effective than Moderna's against the Delta variant of the coronavirus, according to two reports posted on medRxiv on Sunday ahead of peer review. In a study of more than 50,000 patients in the Mayo Clinic Health System, researchers found the effectiveness of Moderna's vaccine against infection had dropped to 76% in July - when the Delta variant was predominant - from 86% in early 2021. Over the same period, the effectiveness of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine had fallen to 42% from 76%, researchers said. While both vaccines remain effective at preventing COVID hospitalization, a Moderna booster shot may be necessary soon for anyone who got the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines earlier this year, said Dr. Venky Soundararajan of Massachusetts data analytics company nference, who led the Mayo study."

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I am still convinced the inconsistent efficacy results we're seeing is due to large pockets of unvaccinated people. Like I said before, vaccines are not sunscreen. If you're exposed to COVID 5-6 times per day it's going to be easier to get infected even if vaccinated compared to someone who is exposed once every few days, especially with mask protocols in place.

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
Interesting, I had Pfizer and I almost certain this happened to me. I didn’t goto the hospital to get checked and I probably should have. This happened to a 40 something co-worker of mine as well. I’m not sure if he was moderna or Pfizer. He did goto the hospital for a follow up, I’m not sure what the results of that follow up were, but he says he has no symptoms now.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Interesting, I had Pfizer and I almost certain this happened to me. I didn’t goto the hospital to get checked and I probably should have. This happened to a 40 something co-worker of mine as well. I’m not sure if he was moderna or Pfizer. He did goto the hospital for a follow up, I’m not sure what the results of that follow up were, but he says he has no symptoms now.

If you had heart inflammation you would know. You are suffering from anxiety due to being nervous about the shot.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
What we do know, is that Ontario doctors were threatened with losing their practicing license if they even DARED to speak against the holy mask, social distancing, or the Holy Grail: the jab.

Something similar in Quebec. The few who dared to speak were quickly silenced and faced similar repercussions.

The fact that actual experts are censored and silenced is the ultimate red flag.

Ontario doctors are not actual experts.
Will you see a doctors specialized in heart surgeries if you have a brain cancer?

Doctors are a long shot from being equals in what they know.

If a doctors who's far from being an expert in immunology wants to challenge the "mainstream narrative" which is base on the actual research of real experts, you better have hard proofs of what you're saying, if not, you're just causing damage and not helping anyone.

There was a bunch of doctors that said masks were to kill people and cause respiratory problem without any kind of proofs what so ever. 18 months later....they still have no proofs but we now have proofs that they were 100% full of shit.

Doctors who are talking against the vaccine have absolutely no proofs of what they are saying.....none. It's all whataboutism and maybes, and we don't know for sure.....and most of them, if not all are not even more qualified than @Treb here.

Reactions: JtotheC and Treb

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
If you had heart inflammation you would know. You are suffering from anxiety due to being nervous about the shot.

It's most probably that. I also had pain in my armpit for about 2-3 days. The first day was quite bad. I was getting a bit nervous when I read those articles. But on other websites, such as the government ones, it says armpit pain is frequently found among those vaccinated. I don't remember the exact number but something along the lines of 30% (don't quote me on this!). So yeah, unless it was really bad it was probably a normal reaction.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
It's most probably that. I also had pain in my armpit for about 2-3 days. The first day was quite bad. I was getting a bit nervous when I read those articles. But on other websites, such as the government ones, it says armpit pain is frequently found among those vaccinated. I don't remember the exact number but something along the lines of 30% (don't quote me on this!). So yeah, unless it was really bad it was probably a normal reaction.

My brother in law actually did get mild myocarditis from the vaccine, but he has an autoimmune disease, and had previously gotten myocarditis from a cold a few years ago, and it took him over a year to recover. It was very mild after the vaccine, thankfully, but he still ended up in the hospital. You would know if it was happening, it's not really something you brush off. And his doctor told him he needed to get the 2nd dose regardless, because COVID would be extremely risky for him.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
I'm not going to post the link here, because it is just that disgusting, but there are videos circulating online gaining a lot of traction from an tiktok/instagram influencer who is claiming she developed severe neurological problems as a result of the vaccine.

It is quite obviously fake, like glaringly obvious. She has videos of her stumbling around like someone with cerebral palsy in a "rehab facility" but there are no doctors around, and no therapist would ever let someone who's a fall risk walk around without help like that. She posts videos with electrodes taped all over her body from the doctors running tests, but the placement make no sense, and she's filming herself in the driver's seat of the car with these electrodes on.

In other videos, you can clearly see that she just taped an iphone charger to her forehead. She's constantly twitching like someone who googled "how to look disabled" but she's holding the f***ing camera herself and it isn't moving or shaking. And then, she posted a video from her wedding a few days ago where she's completely fine, but claimed that "thankfully my symptoms went away just for my wedding day only." Oh, and she has a gofundme with $15,000 already. So f***ing gross.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I'm not going to post the link here, because it is just that disgusting, but there are videos circulating online gaining a lot of traction from an tiktok/instagram influencer who is claiming she developed severe neurological problems as a result of the vaccine.

It is quite obviously fake, like glaringly obvious. She has videos of her stumbling around like someone with cerebral palsy in a "rehab facility" but there are no doctors around, and no therapist would ever let someone who's a fall risk walk around without help like that. She posts videos with electrodes taped all over her body from the doctors running tests, but the placement make no sense, and she's filming herself in the driver's seat of the car with these electrodes on.

In other videos, you can clearly see that she just taped an iphone charger to her forehead. She's constantly twitching like someone who googled "how to look disabled" but she's holding the f***ing camera herself and it isn't moving or shaking. And then, she posted a video from her wedding a few days ago where she's completely fine, but claimed that "thankfully my symptoms went away just for my wedding day only." Oh, and she has a gofundme with $15,000 already. So f***ing gross.
I believe it.

The society is sick and disturbed.

And the younger generation now believe an influencer more than their doctor.

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
It happened to me as well. It lasted about 10 days and went away. I had a talk with my doctor about it and it's not something to be really worried about. For almost all cases of this they are temporary with no.

I have no idea why a poster is telling you what you experienced was not physically real and was just anxiety. Again, this is a pretty well documented side effect of the vaccine, particularly in young males. Still extremely rare but when you are vaccinated hundreds of millions of people it comes up. It also beats the hell out of getting a serious case of covid.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Lol yeah sure.
Which part of the science are you disputing?

• Data from across the globe continues to show the sickest people are almost all unvaccinated.
• Despite being under an unrelenting spotlight for a year, possible side-effects from the vaccine have been far rarer than the virus it prevents.
• The nature of the mRNA vaccine doesn't affect the DNA or any organs and is out of your system in two weeks.

If you're going to dispute any of the above, consider their sources: The case numbers come from hospitals across the planet. The vaccine info comes from a massive majority of scientists and doctors from multiple countries in multiple institutions. I'm not citing random people who are pro-this or anti-that; I'm pointing out info that's been corroborated across borders.

Are your opposing sources more credible than the above? If your answer requires "No, but...", consider why you're not making headway in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad