Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 12 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 129 58.6%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Tuch

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
You got to be kidding me! Why is Gallagher still on the PP? For f*** sake! When is this bullshit favoritism going to end?

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
The whole "rah rah" schtick as coach is going to get old when you keep making weird decision like not having Patrik Laine on a 1st unit PP. That’s without mentioning the fact you’re unable to admit that Matheson isn’t nearly as good as Hutson offensively.
Everyone involved seems to have admitted that Laine is not in game shape yet and will need some time to get back to speed. Having him on PP2 is putting him in a position to succeed by not throwing him to the wolves on day 1.

As for Matheson / Hutson, Matheson is a vet coming off of a 62pt season. I think he's earned the right to PP1 for final pre-season games.

Part of building a winning culture is letting players win their spots. No need to give them everything on day 1 - it's a long season.

Reactions: OneCupTwoFour

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Everyone involved seems to have admitted that Laine is not in game shape yet and will need some time to get back to speed. Having him on PP2 is putting him in a position to succeed by not throwing him to the wolves on day 1.

As for Matheson / Hutson, Matheson is a vet coming off of a 62pt season. I think he's earned the right to PP1 for final pre-season games.

Part of building a winning culture is letting players win their spots. No need to give them everything on day 1 - it's a long season.
How has Dach won his spot on PP1 exactly?

And one way to get Laine going into potentially becoming the PPG player he was is by giving him reps on the top PP with actual good players. Not play him with f***ing Gallagher.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
You got to be kidding me! Why is Gallagher still on the PP? For f*** sake! When is this bullshit favoritism going to end?

Who should be there instead?

Dvorak, Anderson, Armia or Evans?

Or Barron and force one of Laine, Newhook or Roy in front of the net?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
with Laine, Hutson and Roy on PP2, they better give them some decent time. like 50-55 seconds per PP.
What you really want is your PP controlling the zone for a minute plus or actually scoring.
Some people feel they may simply alternate turns instead of trying to split it down the middle.
I'm not too worried about it we break down so often there will be plenty of opportunity to get the change in.
There were only a handful of occasions last year where our PP hemmed in the opposition for extended zone time.
We didn't score but those PP's looked great and were not the momentum killers we've become accustomed to.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
What you really want is your PP controlling the zone for a minute plus or actually scoring.
Some people feel they may simply alternate turns instead of trying to split it down the middle.
I'm not to worried about it we break down so often there will be plenty of opportunity to get the change in.
There were only a handful of occasions last year where our PP hemmed in the opposition for extended zone time.
We didn't score but those PP's looked great and were not the momentum killers we've become accustomed to.
absolutely. obviously timing is not hard and fast if controlling the zone. but should thebpuck get fired down in the 60-70 second mark of the PP, I want to see the second wave out, as opposed to waiting 90-100 seconds in.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Love it when people overreact to Gally being there on PP2 when the alternatives are Armia and Anderson. I guess we haven't tried Dvo yet.
There’s no reason not to put 2 dmen on the 2nd PP unit. Gally/Anderson/Dvorak/Armia have 17 PPP combined in the last 2 seasons. That is unbelievably bad.

• Love
Reactions: the

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
When you realize it has nothing to do with favouritism.
So get him off the PP. It has been tried a million times and never worked. Even in his prime he was never good on the PP.
Love it when people overreact to Gally being there on PP2 when the alternatives are Armia and Anderson. I guess we haven't tried Dvo yet.
Armia is a way better option, yes. I'll take the Donkeys size also. We already know Gallagher does nothing on the PP. How many times do we need to try him?
Who should be there instead?

Dvorak, Anderson, Armia or Evans?

Or Barron and force one of Laine, Newhook or Roy in front of the net?
I would try all the above before him but Armia should get first dibs.

Laine should also be on the first unit.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
There’s no reason not to put 2 dmen on the 2nd PP unit. Gally/Anderson/Dvorak/Armia have 17 PPP combined in the last 2 seasons. That is unbelievably bad.

That still doesn't answer who is in front of the net on that PP. None of the other forwards currently on it really fit there.

Having 2 D on PP2 would likely be at the cost of Roy, not Gallagher.

KFlint

Sep 27, 2010
I really don’t get people being upset about Hutson and Laine on PP2. It’s absolutely normal… Of course if it was Matthews he would start on PP1 but Laine has things to prove. Giving a top spot to a rookie on the other hand would send a terrible message to the veterans. I honestly expect the first wave to struggle, hoping it won’t be the case but I have doubts on a couple pieces on this wave, Matheson being one, he is fine but not elite.

Should be quite different in December…

Reactions: Captain Mountain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad