Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 12 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.5%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 129 58.6%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Tuch

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Knuckles30

Jul 4, 2006
A 4th line c should give you 10 g 15a good defense and good forecheck. I don’t think evans has this.
I do think Evans has that in him with NHL caliber wingers, but in general I agree. I have always felt that every regular forward on your roster should be good for 10G. I don't care how much you hit/forecheck/fight/etc., if you can't score 10G there is someone out there at league minimum who can do your job better than you.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
This lineup is pretty good. However, I would swap Yo-Elle and the Donkey. I liked the chemistry Roy and Armia had last season and I would ride them together to see if the momentum continues this season. They complemented each other very well.

Reactions: HabsMD97

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
A 4th line c should give you 10 g 15a good defense and good forecheck. I don’t think evans has this.
Evans career average is 28 points per 82 games, he most certainly has good defence, and I would argue he is good on the forecheck but that's more subjective as some equate forechecking with throwing hits.

Reactions: HabsMD97

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Very interesting

It was definitely a bit obvious you can't have Laine and Caufield on the ice together

Interesting they went Dach back on PP1 tho which I'm not opposed

Personally at this point I'd rather see Laine PP1 and Caufield PP2

Why the f*** is Gallagher on the powerplay
It's PP2 and you need to stick someone in front of the net

The other 4 guys are PP players tho so definitely looking forward to seeing these units in action

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
The whole "rah rah" schtick as coach is going to get old when you keep making weird decision like not having Patrik Laine on a 1st unit PP. That’s without mentioning the fact you’re unable to admit that Matheson isn’t nearly as good as Hutson offensively.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad