Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 12 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 128 58.4%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.3%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Tuch

Votes: 12 5.5%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Waivers eligible watch:
Gignac
Condotta
ABB
Barron
Pezz

I know they need waivers. I was talking about who I think will be on waivers today foe the cuts. I think Gignac, having played last night will be among those cut. And he will be the only one cut today who requires waivers.

Barron and Pez to me will be on the roster opening night. Condotta I believe will play Saturday and then get cut. ABB might earn a spot particularly cause of RHP's injury.

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Next season:
Caufield - Suzuki - Slaf
Laine - Dach - Demidov
Roy - Beck - Newhook
Gallagher - Kapanen - Anderson

Gallagher and Anderson will need retention to be moved, so I don't see Hughes trading them with 2 years left on their contract to make room for a 29-year-old Evans. The only way Hughes trade them that early is if there is a prospect who forces their hand.
Hughes would be incredibly stubborn not to retain Gallagher and Anderson to trade them. The top 6 will be need to play the bulk of the PK in your lineup given how inexperienced Beck/Kapenen will be.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
Marty probably wanted to sleep on it and then talk it through with Hughes and Gorton today.

We know one of the few interesting nuggets from The Rebuild is Marty likes to take some time and let the emotions of the game wash away.
Marty shouldn't have to sleep on cutting all the ones on AHL/EHCL contracts. They might have already done it and it's just not announced.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
I know they need waivers. I was talking about who I think will be on waivers today foe the cuts. I think Gignac, having played last night will be among those cut. And he will be the only one cut today who requires waivers.

Barron and Pez to me will be on the roster opening night. Condotta I believe will play Saturday and then get cut. ABB might earn a spot particularly cause of RHP's injury.
I actually replied to the wrong post, was meant to answer another poster who asked if Dobes needed waivers

• Haha
Reactions: Adam Michaels

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad