Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 10 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.3%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 138 60.0%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.2%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Plays like the Laine one just happen because the guy didn't want to get beat. It has nothing to do with toughness.

I agree with that, though I think the 'lack of team toughness' escalated the on ice issues we saw in the game. We were already down a defenseman, why was it Arber that had to do the dirty work? They keep saying they don't want it to be his job, but nobody else stepped up. That's some confusing shit right there. Pretty big L for the coaching staff, IMO.

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
I agree with that, though I think the 'lack of team toughness' escalated the on ice issues we saw in the game. We were already down a defenseman, why was it Arber that had to do the dirty work? They keep saying they don't want it to be his job, but nobody else stepped up. That's some confusing shit right there. Pretty big L for the coaching staff, IMO.
I didn't watch the games, but I remember reading that other players were trying to get at Paré? Perhaps not as firmly as Arber...

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
I didn't watch the games, but I remember reading that other players were trying to get at Paré? Perhaps not as firmly as Arber...

it was on the powerplay and they just kept playing with Laine screaming on the ice, the refs had to whistle it down. Andy had a clear view of what happened but decided to play nurse. Xhekaj got Paré on sight as both of their next shifts coincided.

If you meant afterwards, there were some minor skirmishes but nobody really did anything else to him. Condo was being used as a defenseman at that point and couldn't risk anything.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

The Moore-Crawford case already established that if something goes wrong, the coach is liable for releasing the hounds. Pretty sure coaching staff steer clear from coordinating retaliation and just go with the flow (Putting certain players on the ice at a certain time isn't the same as an explicit "go get him".)

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
The Moore-Crawford case already established that if something goes wrong, the coach is liable for releasing the hounds. Pretty sure coaching staff steer clear from coordinating retaliation and just go with the flow (Putting certain players on the ice at a certain time isn't the same as an explicit "go get him".)

Yeah, definitely agree there. I'm not saying Marty needed (or could/should) explicitly order a hit, but nobody in that building, least of all Marty, was surprised when Xhekaj went after the guy. All marty had to do was tell him to wait or hold arber back another shift, sent Condo out. Announce to the bench that you're already down to 5 D and surely couldn't lose another one for 5 minutes, let alone 2.

/shrug

Reactions: jrom and Habby4Life

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Yeah, definitely agree there. I'm not saying Marty needed (or could/should) explicitly order a hit, but nobody in that building, least of all Marty, was surprised when Xhekaj went after the guy. All marty had to do was tell him to wait or hold arber back another shift, sent Condo out. Announce to the bench that you're already down to 5 D and surely couldn't lose another one for 5 minutes, let alone 2.

/shrug

Well yeah, Xhekaj sure didn't pick his moment. But I think he was just eager to go. f*** it, it's just preseason let's do this now and worry about the rest later kind of line of thinking.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
The Laine injury seriously impacts my willingness to follow this team closely this season. At least, there's Hutson and Dach, otherwise it would be really hard to get involved. No way I'm watching a rerun of last season lol.

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
If Wifi didn’t go after him that would have been a much bigger problem than him getting kicked out.

No problem with what wifi did, none at all. It needed to be done. This team is too soft, no one else was going to do it.
I disagree with that take, I think this is not the smart way of doing things. Actually you re giving another win to Pare with that : you re putting your team in trouble for no reward. The right thing to do was to go for Cowan with harder hits, the right thing to do is to play tough on Matthews, Marner Nylander during opening nights. Who cares if Pare hurts, if you want to prevent teams to go after your top players, you need to show their own will suffer if they attempt something

Reactions: morhilane

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
The Laine injury seriously impacts my willingness to follow this team closely this season. At least, there's Hutson and Dach, otherwise it would be really hard to get involved. No way I'm watching a rerun of last season lol.
Yeah, cancelled Sportsnet premium. Not interested in watching them get trounced another year.

I’ll catch what I can on cbc.

I disagree with that take, I think this is not the smart way of doing things. Actually you re giving another win to Pare with that : you re putting your team in trouble for no reward. The right thing to do was to go for Cowan with harder hits, the right thing to do is to play tough on Matthews, Marner Nylander during opening nights. Who cares if Pare hurts, if you want to prevent teams to go after your top players, you need to show their own will suffer if they attempt something
Trouble?

It was a preseason game. Who cares if they lost 15-0 after that. The game didn’t matter after losing Laine.

Wifi did exactly what he should have done. If no one went after him that would have shown the league the habs are gutless.

Reactions: Toene

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Yeah, cancelled Sportsnet premium. Not interested in watching them get trounced another year.

I’ll catch what I can on cbc.

Trouble?

It was a preseason game. Who cares if they lost 15-0 after that. The game didn’t matter after losing Laine.

Wifi did exactly what he should have done. If no one went after him that would have shown the league the habs are gutless.

Not losing this game, but honestly he could have been suspended for several games, I actually was surprised he was not.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Thats the feeling of most. Without laine its pretty much the exact same team. Wont be much of an improvement unless primeau and monty stand on their heads every night.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
You may not be alone in this thinking. I can't rinse and repeat year after year either. Life is too damn short.

branlumi

Sep 26, 2024
Who cares if he gets suspended, he sent a message.
But its the way he went about it - I don’t agree with him just skating behind Pare head and punching him in the back of the head especially when we was defenseless…cheap and reflects wrong on us Habs fan and the Organization…should of went about it face to face at another time during the game OR when the god damn hit occured none did anything.

Cheap shot from a rat who will never see the NHL

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
But its the way he went about it - I don’t agree with him just skating behind Pare head and punching him in the back of the head especially when we was defenseless…cheap and reflects wrong on us Habs fan and the Organization…should of went about it face to face at another time during the game OR when the god damn hit occured none did anything.

Cheap shot from a rat who will never see the NHL
Nah, as much as it wasn't intentional as soon as these "experienced" refs decided to not hand out a penalty, Paré, the idiot refs, Toronto, anyone with a brain who's watched hockey knew someone was going to go after him.

After the little scrum Park should have been given 5 and a game. Give whatever hab did the most a double minor, Habs get a 1 minute pp.

People are far too comfortable with them doing shit, whether intentional, or not and not expecting anything to happen to them.

I would have just told Berube to put me out there against the Habs 4th line and accepted a fight from Davidson and honestly players might have face washed him and whatnot, but nothing would have happened afterwards.

The officials are to blame for this and the worst part was one of them is "experienced" and he f***ed it up hard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad