Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 10 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 135 59.5%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.0%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Tuch

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
How about we target player who are not injury prone for once?

We drafted Reinbacher even if he failed miserably our combine interview. So bad, that they thought of not drafting him but decided to give him a second try lol. And he had already two bad knees. Already in braces.

Dach, Laine are all player with historic.

We need to stop shopping in thrift shop.
It's called the bargain bin.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Stay F: Roy, Barre-Boulet, Kapanen, Gignac, Heineman, Condotta.

Stay D: Struble, Hutson, Mailloux, Engstrom, (Reinbacher)

Stay G: Dobes
I'm not sure I get the Gignac and Condotta reasoning and I'm also not sure Kapanen is physically ready.
Love the tools but I'm worried he's just another small forward that teams will beat on as much as possible.

Teams were taking liberties with us last season and with only Arber as a policeman expect more of the same if we can't improve our PP.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm not sure I get the Gignac and Condotta reasoning and I'm also not sure Kapanen is physically ready.
Love the tools but I'm worried he's just another small forward that teams will beat on as much as possible.

Teams were taking liberties with us last season and with only Arber as a policeman expect more of the same if we can't improve our PP.
They have to go through waivers, that's why there's still here.

It means that 2 of Heineman, Kapanen and Barré-Boulet made the team if they keep 14 forwards.

Reactions: dinodebino

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They have to go through waivers, that's why there's still here.

It means that 2 of Heineman, Kapanen and Barré-Boulet made the team if they keep 14 forwards.
Yeah I knew about the waivers but seriously now or later isn't going to make a difference either way.
Does anyone know if Kapanen is still dinged up? Typically we don't cut players who are receiving treatment.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021

Kapanen isn’t small. He’s what ? 6’2 “ and 200 lbs? And strong on his skates.

Personally I would send him back to the SHL. Not because he’s not good enough for the show, but rather the opportunity to play top minutes under a coach like Jokinen would be great for his development. We have other guys better suited to plug and play bottom six.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Kapanen isn’t small. He’s what ? 6’2 “ and 200 lbs? And strong on his skates.

Personally I would send him back to the SHL. Not because he’s not good enough for the show, but rather the opportunity to play top minutes under a coach like Jokinen would be great for his development. We have other guys better suited to plug and play bottom six.
Kapanen does not look like he's 6'2" and he also looks to be under 200 Lbs.
I'm more concerned with the 82 game schedule and I agree what minutes would he get and probably on a wing.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Kapanen does not look like he's 6'2" and he also looks to be under 200 Lbs.
I'm more concerned with the 82 game schedule and I agree what minutes would he get and probably on a wing.
He’s listed at 6’2 and 194 lbs on nhl.com he’s built thick- look at his neck. This kid will be strong.

The 82 game schedule will be a grind. I think one more year in The ShL to round out his game would be great. Leaves the opportunity for Beck to get a call up and develop more during the season

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Kapanen might have a bobo since he had a therapy day, you can't "move" injured players and he's not small at all.

And teams are taking liberties because the Habs power play is shit. If it was punishing, coaches would rein in their players.

Reactions: Beer and Chips

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
Current depth chart

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
Newhook-Dach-Roy
Gallagher-Dvorak-Anderson
Pezzetta-Evans-Armia
Heineman-Kapanen-Barre-Boulet
Condotta-Gignac

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj-Mailloux
Struble-Barron
Engstrom

Montembeault-Primeau-Dobes

IR: Laine, RHP, Reinbacher

Next round of cuts probably Heineman, Dobes, Condotta, Gignac and Engstrom. Would leave 1 player left to cut (when not counting IR players). In that case the last player would either be Mailloux, Barre-Boulet or Kapanen I would guess

Reactions: BaseballCoach

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
“If Laine is out long term, it changes so much of what the Canadiens were planning for this season. The second line becomes less dangerous. The depth of scoring becomes less deep. The second power-play unit becomes less competition for the first unit. And for Laine, he would have another mental hurdle to clear when he has already cleared so many in such a short period of time.”

Reactions: The Real Timo

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Newhook
Kapanen-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher
Pezz

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj/Struble/Barron

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
CC-Suzuki-Slaf
Roy-Dach-Newhook
Kapanen-Dvorak-Anderson
Armia-Evans-Gallagher
Pezz

Matheson-Guhle
Hutson-Savard
Xhekaj/Struble/Barron
Onlynguy on the right chair are Suzuki, S’af, Dach. The rest are all overplaying

CC a second line winger
Roy didnt show something yet
Newhook, 3rd line player
Gallagher and anderson are way overpaid… 3rd line winger
Matheson is a 3rd dman
Guhle is the same, maybe 2nd.
Savard a 5/6th dman, let alone 2nd pair

It gonna be a tough one

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I know it's a question of money...but Molson should be able to spend a few more. So here's what should happen next preseason and forever...

• NO MORE GAMES AGAINST Boston, Sens and Leafs. No need, we see them enough as it is. No need to add to the kids who have to impress to make it, to add the rivalry on top of that.
  • You talk to the other teams you meet and you match rookie vs rookies or vets vs vets.
  • It's not about eliminating totally the injuries. It's limiting them. A more vet squad will not get the knee out on players. Vets vs Vets don't play for a place even though there could be a some rookies in lineups.
  • Also, reduce the number of games in preseason. And you don't even have to play the vets in the first 2 games. Guys do not have preseason to get in shape, they are in shape already.

Reactions: Apoplectic Habs Fan

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
Onlynguy on the right chair are Suzuki, S’af, Dach. The rest are all overplaying

CC a second line winger
Roy didnt show something yet
Newhook, 3rd line player
Gallagher and anderson are way overpaid… 3rd line winger
Matheson is a 3rd dman
Guhle is the same, maybe 2nd.
Savard a 5/6th dman, let alone 2nd pair

It gonna be a tough one
Didn’t know Roy came to camp

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I totally get the Laine inury since we are now proven to be cursed after all, still coping with that fact actually

But that Reinbacher injury too is like you gotta be f***ing kidding me
That looked like a 'future foot problems' kind of thing too for f***s sakes

At least ACLs get fixed up np now but fractured ankles if that's indeed the case are no joke for hockey players, what a f***ing drag man

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I totally get the Laine inury since we are now proven to be cursed after all, still coping with that fact actually

But that Reinbacher injury too is like you gotta be f***ing kidding me
That looked like a 'future foot problems' kind of thing too for f***s sakes

At least ACLs get fixed up np now but fractured ankles if that's indeed the case are no joke for hockey players, what a f***ing drag man
Feels like another Louis Leblanc type of problem.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Stop the countdown. Season's already over lol.
Change it to draft countdown?
IMG_2328.jpeg

Reactions: Habby4Life

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
With the knee injury we witnessed last night would Kent Hughes now try and trade for a Zegras type? Or has that ship sailed?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad