Pre-Game Talk: Countdown thread to 24-25 Season (T - 10 days) - Main Cam

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who's going to be the surprise of this camp ?

• Beck

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Kapanen

Votes: 135 59.7%
  • Heineman

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Mesar

Votes: 16 7.1%
  • Engstrom

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Farrell

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trudeau

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • F. Xhekaj

Votes: 7 3.1%
  • Tuch

Votes: 12 5.3%
  • Hughes

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Davidson

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • Kidney

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
okay....settled down a bit. Any word overnight on Laine. Hopefully it's a 4-6 week scenario. still worried it's the season. either way, I see it as an opportunity to keep Kapanen.

let's give the kid a chance.

Slaf - Suzuki - Caufield
Newhook - Dach - Roy
Kapanen - Dvorak - Anderson
Gally - Evans - Armia
Pezz

ReHabs

Sponsor
Jan 18, 2022
Should add Joshua Roy to the list sent to Laval. He has been massively underwhelming, looks totally disinterested.

Roy obviously wasn't going to be an early cut but all summer we had some commentators here insist that Roy should be given a top6 spot and no other top6 player be acquired (eg. Zegras, McGroarty, Necas, or Laine) because it would get in the way of his development.

Apparently internal competition is bad and scoring depth is worse. Now with Laine potentially out injured, Roy has yet another chance to grab a spot in the top6...

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
f***ing depressed to see that we will go with a second line of Roy-Dach-Newhook moving fowards… And our f***ing bottom 6 is even worse. No f***ing depth and soft as hell. We are so soft its incredible. Hughes did nothing to improve that. Stick tonthe old vets softest. Ride the contracts. Be f***ing creative you stupid sob.

Depressing.

Here comes another tank year.

Last edited:

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
f***ing depressed to see that we will go with a second line of Roy-Dach-Newhook moving fowards… And our f***ing bottom 6 is even worse. No f***ing depth and soft as hell. We are so soft its incredible. Hughes did nothing to improve that. Stick tonthe old vets softest. Ride the contracts. Be f***ing creative you stupid sob.

Depressing.

Here comes another tank year.
It's going to be Anderson/Dach/Newhook. ;)

And we are probably going to see Heineman or Kapanen on the roster now.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
How about we target player who are not injury prone for once?

We drafted Reinbacher even if he failed miserably our combine interview. So bad, that they thought of not drafting him but decided to give him a second try lol. And he had already two bad knees. Already in braces.

Dach, Laine are all player with historic.

We need to stop shopping in thrift shop.

Reactions: Levard

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL

We drafted Reinbacher even if he failed miserably our combine interview. So bad, that they thought of not drafting him but decided to give him a second try lol. And he had already two bad knees. Already in braces.

Are you okay? You sound like you need a Snickers.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018

It's called the bargain bin.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Stay F: Roy, Barre-Boulet, Kapanen, Gignac, Heineman, Condotta.

Stay D: Struble, Hutson, Mailloux, Engstrom, (Reinbacher)

Stay G: Dobes
I'm not sure I get the Gignac and Condotta reasoning and I'm also not sure Kapanen is physically ready.
Love the tools but I'm worried he's just another small forward that teams will beat on as much as possible.

Teams were taking liberties with us last season and with only Arber as a policeman expect more of the same if we can't improve our PP.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I'm not sure I get the Gignac and Condotta reasoning and I'm also not sure Kapanen is physically ready.
Love the tools but I'm worried he's just another small forward that teams will beat on as much as possible.

Teams were taking liberties with us last season and with only Arber as a policeman expect more of the same if we can't improve our PP.
They have to go through waivers, that's why there's still here.

It means that 2 of Heineman, Kapanen and Barré-Boulet made the team if they keep 14 forwards.

Reactions: dinodebino

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad