Speculation: Could Alex Galchenyuk be the Habs leading scorer THIS year?

• Thread starter FrontierPsyCHiatrist*
  • Start date
  • PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Can Galchenyuk play at right wing? I think he could replace Thomas Vanek on the right side of Desharnais and Pacioretty, helping him become a top line player.
He can play at any position. I think he's that good. It would be unwise to use him as a RW as it would make us weaker on the left side. The only option is to continue using him as a LW until there's an opening at center.

ChuckyTheBeast

May 16, 2014
I would not be surprised if he had an extraordinary year with 60-75 points, although I don't expect it.

Reason being is because many stars today have had so so rookie and sophomore seasons and just shocked everyone the following years...

I wouldn't be shocked if this is the case for Galchneyuk he has the talent. He might not have 25 plus goals, but I think he'll be up there in assists.

There is this one site that projects he'll average a point per game!

On this site, they made bold predictions for every team:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-every-nhl-team-in-the-2014-15-season/page/17

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
There is this one site that projects he'll average a point per game!

On this site, they made bold predictions for every team:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-every-nhl-team-in-the-2014-15-season/page/17
I facepalmed in real life when I read that Galchenyuk scored 5 points in 6 games. It's actually 2 goals, 1 assist in 5 games for a total of 3 points. That site is a joke, not to be taken seriously. With that said, I think he's almost ready to take his game to the next level. Not a ppg but a factor.

Jabrony

Oct 29, 2012
Eveyone is so judgemental of DD... when he just got into the league, he played 3rd line minutes and outplayed the other C to earn his spot. Say what you want, I don't believe that a 5'6" hockey player never had playing time given to him just because. I really hope that chucky grabs the 1C spot sooner than later because he was a 3rd ovr pick, but because his play forces MT to put him that posotion. Could this be the year? Maybe...

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
He can play at any position. I think he's that good. It would be unwise to use him as a RW as it would make us weaker on the left side. The only option is to continue using him as a LW until there's an opening at center.

We have Pacioretty, Bourque, Sekac, Prust, Moen and Bournival as natural LW's. I for one think it's a GREAT idea to try Galchenyuk's ad the 1st line RW. Putting Galchenyuk on his off-wing allows him to 1) have the puck facing the center of the ice, a play the great passers use and 2) cut down the middle and use his lethal wrister. He would bring size to the line too.

Habruti!

Mar 5, 2002
Gatineau
Visit site
We have Pacioretty, Bourque, Sekac, Prust, Moen and Bournival as natural LW's. I for one think it's a GREAT idea to try Galchenyuk's ad the 1st line RW. Putting Galchenyuk on his off-wing allows him to 1) have the puck facing the center of the ice, a play the great passers use and 2) cut down the middle and use his lethal wrister. He would bring size to the line too.

I would love him there but I think it is time for him to have a bigger role and would not want him to adapt to a new position.

I would like to see him with Eller and Parenteau. Eller has some side and his good along the boards. Parenteau is a good passer. I think it could work well...

Pacioretty, Desharnais, Gallagher
Galchenyuk, Eller, Parenteau
Bournival, Plekanek, Sekac
Prust, Malhorta, Weise

Skills and speed on all top 3 lines...

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Seriously, there are a million hypotheticals on this one. If he starts on a bottom 6 line with a real wild card in Sekac, and the two hit it off, could they end up rising to the top of the depth chart and getting the minutes/roles that would be required? How about the opposite? Does Chuckie just start right off on the wing of a top line instead? Which centre and what role(s)?

If it takes too long to "prove himself", or rise through the depth chart high enough, he'll have a heck of a time making up for lost ground in terms of sheer minutes of playing time/scoring opportunities.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
galchy has a deadly shot when he has the time to release. How about Scherbak? can this kid be like galchy and jump right away?

Dagistitsyn

Aug 27, 2011
Nova Scotia
galchy has a deadly shot when he has the time to release. How about Scherbak? can this kid be like galchy and jump right away?

Nah. I hope Galchenyuk worked on his shot. A lot of talk about his deadly shot but almost all of his NHL goals so far have been either in tight rebounds, dekes or deflections. I can only recall a few going in from a nice shot.

bhuya71

Jun 14, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
Nah. I hope Galchenyuk worked on his shot. A lot of talk about his deadly shot but almost all of his NHL goals so far have been either in tight rebounds, dekes or deflections. I can only recall a few going in from a nice shot.

he hasnt really created space to use it by skating or via the body.

I feel ag either uses his hands to draw in or get aRound players before rifling a pass. He doesn't think shoot much because he's just so skilled as a playmaker.

He has an amazing shot but hasn't been able to effectively get it off or be very precise. Its got the speed and heaviness on the shot but precision n using his skillset to actually get it off more often will be key imo

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex

He has only had a year of playing the North American game. Another year dominating the WHL will be great for him. At 19 he'll be better to assess for a quick jump. At 20 he'll definitely goto the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad