Confirmed with Link: Corey Perry re-signs 1 x $1.4M

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
if this impacts our ability to retain janmark or henrique or even .... sam gagner, its wasteful. If we just gave up on everyone else and had nothing else to spend it on then... ok i guess.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
I thought he was done. Bad signing. But I guess they need some bodies in the bottom 6 and Perry is ultimately dispensible.

Reactions: InTheBox

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Trying to guarantee ourselves another finals appearance?

Perry looked like he was done in the playoffs but he’s probably one of those guys that adds value to the team in ways that us fans don’t see. Still don’t love 1.4 but part of it being bonuses helps. Hopefully the bonuses are related to making the finals again.

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
With all the fuss, it's been completely forgotten that Perry lost like 5th Stanley cup finals in a row. lol.
Trying to guarantee ourselves another finals appearance?

Perry looked like he was done in the playoffs but he’s probably one of those guys that adds value to the team in ways that us fans don’t see. Still don’t love 1.4 but part of it being bonuses helps. Hopefully the bonuses are related to making the finals again.

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
a little rich based off his playoff performance but all in all, I’m glad he’s back

Performance bonuses rather than GP would be perfect

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
I don't mind the signing but I think I would have left this one until last --when I knew what I had left over after essentially filling out the roster and signing Janmark ---but perhaps he is not coming back.

I am surprised that the Oilers didn't say absolute league minimum for Perry --take it or leave it. I wonder what his next best offer was?

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Worst signing of the day , he's done, COOKED!

Keep that $$ in your pocket for Janmark or Henrique or both?

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
You let VD sign for 2 mil in Van but scrape together 1.4 for CP? I mean f***, I like Pears but he should have been league min and if he didn’t want to sign at that, bu bye. f*** off Jackson. Get a GM in place fast if that’s what your doing.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
You let VD sign for 2 mil in Van but scrape together 1.4 for CP? I mean ck in, I like Pears but he should have been league min and if he didn’t want to sign at that, bu bye. f*** off Jackson. Get a GM in place fast if that’s what your doing.

VD isn't worth $2M

CP isn't really worth $1.4M but depending on the performance bonuses he won't count for more than $1.15M which is pretty much buriable

Reactions: Duke74

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
You let VD sign for 2 mil in Van but scrape together 1.4 for CP? I mean f***, I like Pears but he should have been league min and if he didn’t want to sign at that, bu bye. f*** off Jackson. Get a GM in place fast if that’s what you’re doing.
purely from an on-ice hockey perspective, Vinny isn’t anything special

I wouldn’t have been happy with paying him more than 1.5 per

JJ (Ekholm) got Arvidsson for 4m for 2 years, be happy with that at least lol

Reactions: Duke74

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018
VD isn't worth $2M

CP isn't really worth $1.4M but depending on the performance bonuses he won't count for more than $1.15M which is pretty much buriable
Agreed, except that at 2 mil hes Probably more serviceable in a bottom 4-5 D spot than Perry is as a bottom 12 forward at his AAV. July 1 for the Oilers has been as I expected, they have regressed from their June 30 roster state compared to other teams that are close to a SC. JJ has lots of more work to do.

One team that has been weirdly quiet is Colorado.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad