Proposal: Copp and #15 for Chicago #18

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
Columbus, Toronto, and Buffalo are closer. But just about as likely to be on the NTC...

Or wait, just Columbus. I looked at Detroit and not Ann Arbor.
Yeah I figured maybe Toronto and forgot about the existence of Buffalo, but you can typically bet 7/10 of a NTC pretty comfortably so that likely takes TO out...

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Yeah I figured maybe Toronto and forgot about the existence of Buffalo, but you can typically bet 7/10 of a NTC pretty comfortably so that likely takes TO out...
And I would imagine as an UM guy, he's got Columbus on that thing out of principle. Proximity to home town or not.

That said, I don't think an NTC comes into play. Yzerman signed Copp to be exactly what he is. If he got rid of Copp he'd just sign or trade for another one.

Reactions: Jared Dunn

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The value to move down from 15 to 18, according to Draftsim, is the 72nd overall pick:

1716899352179.png

This may not reflect the actual value of that move, but I think it's pretty clear that trading Copp will cost a bit more than that.

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Copp is a serviceable 3rd line defensive center who’s overpaid by about 1-2 million. Would I do this trade ? Absolutely. Would I throw a 2nd and prospect too? Probably If the wings had a free agent to replace him, but It would create a hole in the lineup. He has 42 pts 2 years ago while playing PK1 and no Powerplay time. This year his production dropped cause he went from 2C to 3C

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife
I think it's unlikely that 30-year old Copp would be ok to go to a team thats going to tank next 2-years. Why would he want waste anymore years in a bottom feeder, Wings at least are trying to make the playoffs.
As I already said, his main motivation for being in Detroit was being close to home and based on that it makes very little sense that he'd have Chicago on it. So you can almost guarantee his NTC is some mix of Canada + California

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
As I already said, his main motivation for being in Detroit was being close to home and based on that it makes very little sense that he'd have Chicago on it. So you can almost guarantee his NTC is some mix of Canada + California
Canada is definitely there but when mrs. Copp hears California there might be a change of heart.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad